1995 f150 Lightning #53

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolandmhall

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Coupe - Restomod
Now that the 72 coupe is done cleaned up the truck. Minor changes. Did the hood and rear pan. Painted the Lightning graphics instead of stickers. New wheels and tires. Went through the motor and tranny. Changed all fluids. Wanted to keep it stock with a small twist. She'll be done next week 

multiple image uploader

I've owned her since 2000 and she never let me down.  Ever.....

Finished the truck last Friday.  I think she came out pretty nice.  Sending her off for fresh exhaust this week, and that should be just about it. 

I took the advice of a lot of people and pretty much left it alone.  It's all stock/matching #'s except for the hood and the rear valance.  I sent the factory wheels off last month to have them refinished and I think they came out great.  LMR restoration now sells replacement center caps for the wheels.  Anyone that had one of these knows that at one time they were IMPOSSIBLE to find.  I did smoke the headlights/taillights, but they are still factory originals....

I did lose the Lightning stickers on the sides.  Just didn't really do it for me.  Instead we "painted" the graphics in gray and white to give just a little subtle contrast.

Everything matches, all of the build marks are still on the motor (Took extra care to tape them off when I painted and cleaned things), and I have the Certificate of Authenticity.

Nice truck! I like the hood. I am partial to both versions of the Lightning. It is hard to find the early ones in such good shape.

Back