Intro

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72, had since '86 408C/4R70W
Hi, longtime browser of this site; Thought I'd actually participate. I've been hard at work on my '72, still a work in process. I've had this car since '86, and must enjoy working on it more than I do driving it. Hopefully I get to a stopping point this summer so I can wash it and drive it. Just joined, so I have to figure out how to get pics on here. The car was born 6C yellow born 8/19/71, so it's an early build. It's a plain ol' fastback, now painted black Ditzler Deltron with a '73 style Mach stripe in gold, outlined by red-all painted on. Resisted the temptation to put a Mach hood on it, it looks pretty good flat. Kept the plain vinyl ginger interior, but added full console and tilt wheel. It currently wears 41/42 series 15"Cragar aluminum rims (think Weld Dragstars, with a more angular outer rim). The car was a Bondo-bucket, now it stands tall with the bodywork done about 8 years ago. Like I said work in process. The 408 dyno-ed at 575 hp last year and about the same torque, much to the surprise of the Chevy guy that ran the dyno. Converted to E-85 as well. Got a 4R70W stand-alone by Performance Automatics in there as well. Going to put my 69-70 rear axle housing into it so the rear wheels have a similar looking offset as the fronts. Still have a lot to do, but am getting closer.

Hello from Mississippi. Glad you liked what you saw and decided to stay. 575hp out of your 408 sounds great. I love the look on the Chevy guys face when they see exactly what type of power these Cleveland engines are capable of producing!

Welcome aboard!

Got my avatar set, tried to upload an image from my phone. Got trapped in some website called imagebb.com. Might have to take another shot at it tomorrow.

Welcome from West TN. Thanks for letting your presence be known. It is great to hear from folks who have casually observed to get involved. Go to the "More" in the top banner and see if any of the FAQ's will help you on posting.

At the bottom of the reply window click on the "Add image to post" button. This will bring up a window where you can select browse for images on computer. Choose your images and click OK. Then click upload and it will add them to your post.

Back