Tilt away steering

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorg

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible 351 Cleveland 2V Automatic
Hi everyone.

I was under the dash today and was looking at my steering column and wondered if it was a tilt away? I know have this coffee can looking canisters under my hood and I thought I read where it had something to do with this option. It doesn't sound like the tilt steering I have on my other cars. What exactly does it do?

Can someone tell me how to tell if I have it or don't?

Thanks

Taylor

I think the term 'tilt away' was used for thunderbirds and such where it would move to the right to help entry/exit of the car.

For our mustangs the tilt is activated by moving the turn signal lever towards the front of the car.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping I had tilt and I just couldn't figure it out but it sounds like I don't. I sure wish the steering wheel wasn't so big...

Thanks again.

Taylor

Thanks for the info. I was hoping I had tilt and I just couldn't figure it out but it sounds like I don't. I sure wish the steering wheel wasn't so big...

Thanks again.

Taylor
I had a 66 Thunderbird that had the tilt to right wheel. as I recall my brothers 68 Cougar would tilt up and to the right when you opened the door. They are both pretty obvious to see. Good luck

Back