TCP suspension questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72, had since '86 408C/4R70W
I like what I see on the Total Control Products' front suspension coil over conversion. I think I want to get the Quick Set 2 setup.

One of my questions is whether or not to get the lowered mounting position for the upper arm. I thought I read someplace that the 71-3's had that problem solved to where lowering the upper arm mounting points was not necessary.

Next question is which front stabilizer bar to use with this setup. Am leaning toward the 1", unless I hear much different on this. Am running a 408C and planning on 18X9 rims up front.

From my understanding the lower position is not necessary on the 71-73. That does look like a very nice package. I think one of our members on here might be a vendor for TCP as well, I'm not 100% positive on that. I am running (stock style components) I boxed in the LCA's with 1" lowering springs KYB Gas-Adjust Shocks and an 1 1/8" sway bar. Handles like it is on rails.

Jason, what brand of front sway bar did you use, and does it fit well? I've seen posts about the Total Control Products, and much of it has influenced my decision to go that route. I'm just working out the details on what to buy. I know I could have called TCP, but putting it out here might give me some more insights. Maybe suggestions on related parts as well. I did go with the quick ratio Saginaw steering box. Still putting the car back together, but the steering box is in the car, and the ratio is quickened a lot. Should be fun when I get it back on the road.

Not sure on the brand of the sway bar. I purchased it from a member on here and it fit perfectly. I also had my steering box converted to quick ratio by powersteering.com, they did an awesome job. I also converted over to a Saginaw style pump and 8 rib belts from CVF Racing.

I measured, and it has a 5/8" rear bar. I'm putting a 69/70 axle housing into it in hopes of getting the wheel offset to more closely match the front. The rear bar will likely interfere with the wheels, so it might be left off.

Back