My good deed for today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra94svt

Reaction score
My Car
1965 fastback, 1965 coupe, 1966 coupe, 1979 Indy Pace car, 1989 notch, 1994 cobra, 2001 GT vert
Was up at the shop and had my 2 sons Gauge and Paxton with me. They wanted a lunch break so we ran down the road for lunch. On the way back I noticed a Cobra roadster going way below the speed limit. Pulled beside him and said cool car and he said not this POS and held his right hand with the shifter handle in it and stuck in 4th gear lol. Got him to follow me to the shop. Had a 427 side oiler with a TKO 600. Handle sheared right off at the bolts. The PO had ground down and cut a mustang handle to fit it and it was extremely thin at the bolts. So I pulled the handle off of my 65 fastback with the T5 got him all swapped over and back on the road to enjoy the weather. Couple of pics. Have a video but not sure how to post it.

c503a92e4439089ae1317c07a8de2c5f.jpg
1b82c6db8b3405aec9baccb42e20ffa8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice of you. Cool ride. Did he at least let you take it out for a test drive?

No. Him and his wife were going to a church social so they were short on time. But I'm getting him a new handle shipped to the shop and he will bring it back up and switch out handles. He says I can take my kids for a ride!!

Very nice of you. Cool ride. Did he at least let you take it out for a test drive?

No. Him and his wife were going to a church social so they were short on time. But I'm getting him a new handle shipped to the shop and he will bring it back up and switch out handles. He says I can take my kids for a ride!!

Sweet. That has to be fun ride with that motor and trans combo in such a small car.

Back