Slight deviation for my concourse restoration

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
Although i am restoring my 71 Grande to concourse standard i have decided to fit a twin exhaust system instead of a single exhaust system(Will keep the old one so it can be fitted when i go to shows).

If any of the members out ther have pictures of a twin exhaust system fitted to their Mustang could you please post them so i can get a better idea of where the positioning should be.

That's a big change to make to go to a show. Not sure how MCA judging occurs in Europe. That would be a maximum of a 12 point deduction if you went to a show with the dual exhaust in place versus single. More points could be deducted for workmanship and cleanliness this is just purely on one system versus the other. Just for your consideration. It needs to be your car and done like you want it. Just don't confuse concourse with very original show quality. It is very tempting to deviate and know that the thought crossed my mind many many times. You just need to be honest with yourself and with the car on how you want to show it. Please do not take these comments negatively, because again it is your car and I think we all respect every members plans and path with their car. I just don't want you to go into a show under concourse and get saddening news after all of your hard work.

+1. Changing out an exhaust system is not a quick swap it out before I go to the show. If you use the correct style clamps they do compress and crunch the pipe slightly and then do not just slip off easily. When I pulled a portion of my exhaust down to pull my trans out and do some other work I had to actually make relief cuts I the pipes to get them apart.

Back