Mach 1 1973 - Factory rim sizes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToBe

Reaction score
My Car
73' Mustang Mach 1 in red with a 351C H-Code
Hi there, i own a 73 mustang mach 1 and have some problems with german approvals (TÜV). I got the car with a combination of 15" back and 14" front rims which won't get approved here. They say i need same size wheels.

In the end i got a permit for 15" rim front and back. Now i need to buy new rims and wheels to fit that permit and i dont know what rims sizes/specs i need to order. Does anyone know the "official" rim sizes of a 73 mach 1 as delivered from the factory? Or did they ship with some 14" variants?

Don't know if that helps (might be german specific) but the full wheel specs in my approval is 235/60R15 84H

And there is another note about the rims with 7JX15.

Many thanks, i think that helps!

Hi there, i own a 73 mustang mach 1 and have some problems with german approvals (TÜV). I got the car with a combination of 15" back and 14" front rims which won't get approved here. They say i need same size wheels.

In the end i got a permit for 15" rim front and back. Now i need to buy new rims and wheels to fit that permit and i dont know what rims sizes/specs i need to order. Does anyone know the "official" rim sizes of a 73 mach 1 as delivered from the factory? Or did they ship with some 14" variants?

Don't know if that helps (might be german specific) but the full wheel specs in my approval is 235/60R15 84H

And there is another note about the rims with 7JX15.
14 inch was the only rim size available from the factory for the 1973 model year. The desirable magnum 500s available from 1970 thru 1972 were replace in 73 with a one year only aluminum slot 14 x 7 rim.

Back