Grande roof side emblem

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bolton

Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mustang Grande
Does anybody know where we can get the emblems that go on the side of a 1969 Mustang Grande?

Or check with Don at Ohio Mustang or Mike at Motor City Mustangs. They both have a lot of parts cars and are great to deal with. Both are site vendors here.

Back in the days, like 25 years ago, say the prehistorical times before Ebay. I've travelled to a dozen of european countries to go thru junkyards,

to find 7173 parts. The few mustangs found were the left overs of massive crashes, and as rare as they were back then over here, the parts left over

were taken within days and I was looking at dented car skeletons... But after thousands of miles, I've managed to collect all the parts I needed.

On the exception of 2: These 2 little emblems been the most difficult items to find for my car.

In the end, located a junkyard in Colorado that was judging from the picts taken from air massive. The guy who took the phone, needed take his bike to go to the ford section

and he came back to me like 20 minutes later, which costed me back then a fortune. To soften the phone bill, he had a great news for me by telling me he was holding them in his hand.

That brave man, smelling profit (who's crazy enuff to call long distance from France to get grandé emblems??) agreed to send them to me for a little fortune.

Me so happy to finally get my hands on these two cuties agreed and so was my car finally complete!

That was France in the 80's. If I would need those now days and couldn't find some.

I'd make them for 10th of what they costed me. I mean, reproducing the Grandé sign from picts in Illustrator, extruding that path in a 3D app and exporting the mesh to .stl format

to get these two 3D printed, would take just few hours depending how handy you are with comps. The items being small, not only they fit in most printer's beds,

but you can print them in metal right away... The shape being simple, nobody would see the diff with the originals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came with them too... that was before someone stole them before i bought the car. All I got were two little holes on each side :)

I've left the vinyl that I wanted to remove the moment I bought the car. It went out 2 years later. Leaving me tons of holes to weld and

revealed underneath a massive cavity on both side at same level as pilar.

As these cars were ment to receive the vinyl cover, obviously Ford thought every owner would love it and there was no reason

to fix these cavities.

@Vinnie from same cheap metal as front extensions (called zamac in french), the very same one that make bubbles and explode your chrome

when it corrodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My car came with them luckily

No vinyl?
It came to me without vinyl. I bought new form SMS. The trim for the vinyl was purchased from Mike at Motorcity Mustang. Mike has been very very helpful. I wouldn't have a lot of my parts and be as far as I have with my car without Mike's invaluable parts supply and in-depth knowledge.

Does anybody know where we can get the emblems that go on the side of a 1969 Mustang Grandé?
Still need these, I have some PM me

Latest posts

Back