Biggg wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKsilverMach1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 302ci with 3 speed manual. Light pewter metalic with a red and black interior.
Hi, restoring a 73 mach 1 and thinking of going big wheels, pro touring style and looking to pick up on some info and ideas, much like this. Any ideas thrown my way is much appreciated.

image of a safe

This is owned by one from Norway named Stefan. It rides on air suspension and with 20x10 in rear and 18x8 in front if I remember correctly. It looks great. If you are going Pro touring, the most used sizes are wheels with a diameter of 18" and 19". My personal taste for a perfect looking size for these big Mustangs are 19". I bought a set of Bonspeed wheels for my Mustang but now they are sitting on my dads Mustang and I think they will stay there. The sizes are 19x8 in front and 19x11 in rear, picture is attached below. I am going a different way with mine and will try to put some 19x11 in front and 19x13 in rear with 275-35/19 tire in front and 345-30/19 in rear. Will look aggressive, but will also need some body work to make them fit in there!!! :)

IMG_3789.JPG

IMG_3782.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This is owned by one from Norway named Stefan. It rides on air suspension and with 20x10 in rear and 18x8 in front if I remember correctly. It looks great. If you are going Pro touring, the most used sizes are wheels with a diameter of 18" and 19". My personal taste for a perfect looking size for these big Mustangs are 19". I bought a set of Bonspeed wheels for my Mustang but now they are sitting on my dads Mustang and I think they will stay there. The sizes are 19x8 in front and 19x11 in rear, picture is attached below. I am going a different way with mine and will try to put some 19x11 in front and 19x13 in rear with 275-35/19 tire in front and 345-30/19 in rear. Will look aggressive, but will also need some body work to make them fit in there!!! :)
Any chance of putting out some pics / info on the body work to squeeze those 345's in there?  I was thinking something in the range of 315's for my '73 but not sure how much will actually fit in there.  Even adding tub's will only give about an inch or so of extra space due to the frame that's down there.  Lemme know how you go about it...

I actually dont know how I will do it yet. I will have to make the flares wider so I can get more traction compared to if they where placed under the car with mini tubs. I am going with a concave style Forgeline wheel and want as much concave as possible to get a really aggressive look. I cant really say more right now before I will get started on the project with so big tires.

I dont think there will be any huge problems with fitting 315 tires under there, but it depends on how much you might plan to lower the car. A 315 will maybe also be the limit, you will maybe have to cut some of the flares of so the tires does'nt hit anything when you are driving over bumps and things like that. I hope you understand what I am saying :D Are you planning to use custom wheels with a custom backspace or what are your plans? The rear tires on the Mustang in the picture measures 19x11 with a backspace of 5.5". Keep in mind that not all tire Companys tire measures the same in width. Allways go after section widht, that's the total width of the tire when installed! :)

Back