Engine Ready To Be Insrted Inrto Its Home

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
The Engine has been sprayed and ready to go back home but not before i get the touch up done in one spot and a  small welding job done on the boot drop off. The Motorcraft Carb came from a member on this site and its been glass bead blasted

20170704_125810.jpg

20170704_125827.jpg

20170704_125843.jpg

20170704_125856.jpg

Looks really nice! Did you repaint the valve covers separate from the valve cover bolts or all together in one go?
Everything got painted the same time. Valve covers(Rocker covers) were bolted on.

You cant see the air filter cover in the picture. Thats the one thing i am really inpressed with. Will post more pics when theres progress. Its having welding done first. I am hoping next week for the engine install

Any updates???
The engine going back in has been on hold. There was rust issues in the rear floor and boot drop off which turned out worse than anticipated. Welding is done to a very high standard. The areas have been primed and you would not know a welder has been there.

Next the wheel arches will be stripped to bare metal and re-sprayed. That should take place in the next week. Once thats done the engine will slot back in to its home. I reckon the engine will be fitted by the end of August.

Parts have been arriving in a steady flow from members here on the site and through Ebay and the global shipping program. Next on the list will be a chassis bolt kit & body bolt kit from AMK. The chassis bolt kit will go in in September

Thanx for the update. Any progress is good progress.  Keep us posted when you can.  Just as a note to help, there should be a heat shield on the passenger side exhaust manifold for the hot air intake on the air cleaner.  These are difficult to find as either they rusted away or were removed by someone attempting to change the plugs. Let me tell you they really do complicate a simple plug change.  I lucked out on the engine I located and it still had its original.  Just meant as a helpful note in case you want to start your search.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would buy some Boeshield for that carb. It will help preserve it. The rattle can Boeshield does not last buy the way.

I meant the rattle can itself dies and won't spray.  I had to puncture mine and pour into a pump sprayer.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you paint those manifolds with? Also is the harmonic balancer supposed to be black?

Looks awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What did you paint those manifolds with? Also is the harmonic balancer supposed to be black?

Looks awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You can buy a grey manifold spray. Supposed to be heatproof but unfortunately it does not last forever

On the heatproof.

If your engine would reach the kind of temps these cans usually claim they can handle. I bet the paint would be the last of your sorrows.

On my part, never had regular paint going loose on my blocks, if and only if the metal beneath was corrosion/grease/oil free.

On the heatproof.

If your engine would reach the kind of temps these cans usually claim they can handle. I bet the paint would be the last of your sorrows.

On my part, never had regular paint going loose on my blocks, if and only if the metal beneath was corrosion/grease/oil free.
Fabrice this is what it looks today

The heater and A/C to fit. A leak in the power steering box to fix. Thats it all buttoned under the hood after those jobs are done

Very nice, Good job!!!

Is this blue paint is same as original? If so need to find here in Europe, I hope...

Back