Finally getting my 71!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach 1
302-2v
C4

I am putting the final pieces of the paperwork together to get my first ever Mustang.  It should ship down to me next week sometime.  I cant wait to get it. 

Its nothing fancy by any measure, but its a pretty original car in really nice condition.  Its a 71 Sports roof, that someone did a hodge podge attempt at making it look like a mach 1.  Only  they didnt get any of it right.  But I will have fun fixing it all.  I will slowly but surely turn it into an actual 71 mach 1 in time.  Its excellent starting material though.  It has  a recently rebuilt 302, with a FMX.  Only 40k documented original miles, with paperwork to prove it . No rust anywhere.  All the interior is in perfect shape more or less.  Im really happy with how it looks overall.  The color is not my favorite but it will do for now.  One day I will paint it. 

75280521971fordmustangmach1stdc.jpg

75280661971fordmustangmach1stdc.jpg

Greetings from Tucson, AZ.

That car looks to be in good shape!!

BTW - ain't nothing wrong with 'plain O' Sports Roof'  Lot to be said for sleeper car that can kick some A$$!!

Whoever did the mach 1 additions must really not have cared about what year it was. Using the 73 decals really threw me, but I do like them better actually than the hockey sticks.

All I am going to do to start is upgrade the steering and brakes and put a GPS tracker and Viper alarm in it and DVR Cameras that will stream to the cloud.

I have a hydroboost unit from a 94 F450 (best $25 Ive spent in a long time) im going to put in with a wilwood Master and the wilwood Front disc conversion kit.

To go along with the hydroboost conversion, Im going to need to figure out what bracket I need on a 302w to use a saginaw PS pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back