1970? 429 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe 302 Auto RHD
I remember Mickus picked up a 1970 Mach 1 which was actually 1971 and he got it cheap due to the mistake

Here's another one that some Aussies on this forum might be interested in especially if it is really a 429 CJ -

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/detail/ford-mustang-253053

At $25K could be a good buy and would buy it myself if I had the cash but unfortunately due to my current mustang habit couldn't afford the spare wheel!

Be interesting if anyone enquires about it but could be sold by now for all I know

Yes and no. If the body is indeed rust free and it has a lot of new parts it is a good deal

Actually no, I got it from an old friend for free.

But its there on driveway for a while (lost my spot where it

was stored previously) and as i'm on the 73, its gonna stay for

a while more on it. She's not charmed with that and having

that 'thing' gone for similar price would certainly please her ;)

Perhaps if this was in the US it might be considered a bit expensive but over here we have to pay a premium for these cars.

If it has a sound body, any repairs have been done to a reasonable standard, there are not many parts missing, the engine has been rebuilt properly and it is a matching numbers vehicle then yes it could be a good buy although I would offer under $20K if there were a few flaws.

I can't afford it so I won't waste the sellers time but posted it for others to consider and would like to hear if anyone checks it out.

If I could afford it I wouldn't be writing this post as I would be on a plane over to Melbourne with a pocketful of cash!

Back