A Pillar-Trim Now reproduced by Scott Drake

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
Not sure if this has been covered.

Scott Drake are re-producing gthe A-Pillar trim for our years. But its for fastback only and come in black only

They are for sale at Kentucky Mustang $187.45

Steve,

I was considering these replacements for my car and after I read the reviews, I decided against it. I did not see any favorable.

Who knows, maybe they revised the design....

Thanks, Jay

Pegleg, Your best bet is to contact Don @ OMS to see what he knows about these. His opinion is the only one I would trust. These could be a continuation of the same JUNK that has been offered before or they could be a new release/re-engineered part. I have a friend who purchased a set when they were originally released and what he said about them cannot be printed here! The previous ones could just of well been made out of dried cake icing they were so sorry of a product. As David (Carolina Mountain Mustang) posted earlier, the mold to make this is multi piece and difficult to work with. Throw in a few short cuts and some Chinese manufacturing and now you have some more over priced repo junk!   

When we discussed these earlier, David had a contact in NC that had a few used sets but stock was low! Don @ OMS or Mike @ Motor City Mustang, or maybe a forum member may have something if you don't mind used. It's worth a call!!

Pegleg, Your best bet is to contact Don @ OMS to see what he knows about these. His opinion is the only one I would trust. These could be a continuation of the same JUNK that has been offered before or they could be a new release/re-engineered part. I have a friend who purchased a set when they were originally released and what he said about them cannot be printed here! The previous ones could just of well been made out of dried cake icing they were so sorry of a product. As David (Carolina Mountain Mustang) posted earlier, the mold to make this is multi piece and difficult to work with. Throw in a few short cuts and some Chinese manufacturing and now you have some more over priced repo junk!   

When we discussed these earlier, David had a contact in NC that had a few used sets but stock was low! Don @ OMS or Mike @ Motor City Mustang, or maybe a forum member may have something if you don't mind used. It's worth a call!!
I purchased a complete set from Mike at Motorcity Mustang.

I am constantly seeing new repo parts and just wanted to share what I find  :D

Glad to hear that you were taken care of by an "In House" vendor.

Don works closely with a lot of manufactures on repo parts so I only trust what I hear from him. I have friends who work in the restoration business and have told me the same horror stories about GM and Mopar repo parts! Appreciate the "Heads Up" on the Kentucky Mustang find. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back