Tasca FORD and why I will never buy another ford product

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NG8264723

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang f code MACHI
Purchased in 1997 or so
Check out this email train.

This is with Tasca FORD. Why race if you cannot fix the f-in vehicles you sell!They eventually did not charge me. They said they don’t have time to fix. This is after I had it towed to them in RI. I live in MA. I will never uy another Ford. I will also say I called corporate FORD and they refused to help.

OK

Just get it to idle please. Then I’ll get it and do the rest

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 2:52 PM

To: Christian Heinis

Subject: RE: Update

I’ll be back on Tuesday.. I can tell you what’s wrong with your truck however with appointments, race schedule and other projects I haven’t had time to look at your truck.

As I stated before you dropped off I told you I don’t know how long it will take for me to diagnose.

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 2:40 PM

To: 'Dennis M Gomes'

Dennis,

When are you back?  It is not the easiest thing getting the truck towed from central Ma to RI.  You told me, "I can fix it.".  Although I was not in a rush you have it over two months.  I thought from our initial conversation that you were well versed with these trucks and knew the wiring/computers (which is clearly the issue) well.  Now I have towed it to your facility and two months have passed and you have said it might be the computer.  This is not the answer I would expect from someone who claims to know these trucks.  I would like an answer.  If you cannot do it then the tow should be on Tasca for making me wait two months back to my house (Oakham MA).

I am very unhappy with the way this has been handled so far.

Chris

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 2:34 PM

Chris,

I’m back on the road, you can come get your truck if you’d like since we haven’t had a chance to look into this any further.

Dennis

Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 3:15 PM

Dennis,

I can tell you that that motor is built by one of the best guys in central MA [url]http://www.pkmachinehp.com/Pics5.html[/url] and Snay’s automotive.  The internals include CP pistons, H-beam rods ARP studs throughout the bottom end and heads.  Line bored plate honed etc etc.  The tranny was built as well.

I would like to get an estimate of just getting a tune and getting her done.  The truck has been out of commission since Feb 2015.  As you can see by the odometer it has about 40,000 miles on it.  It’s crazy that it broke at 40,000.  It really makes me never want to buy a Ford again particularly because Ford would do nothing to fix it.

Anyway Let me know what you think

chris

Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:14 PM

Chris,

You wouldn’t be completely out but you’ll have a new PCM that is known good.

We’d prefer not to dyno tune something we didn’t do the internal engine work on.

Dennis

Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 10:00 AM

Dennis,

The funny thing is I thought it was the damn computer.  That said once I bought the one online ands it didn’t work I assumed I was mistaken.  If I buy the computer and it does not fix it then I am out $1,300?  At this point it has been almost one year since it has run.  BTW if you get it running how much would a dynotune cost?

Thanks

chris

Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 9:56 AM

Chris,

We understand your concern, although I can’t make a guarantee we honestly have no idea what else it could be. You have power to all coils, the fuel injectors are firing and we have an RPM signal which means it can’t be the crankshaft trigger, crankshaft position sensor or either camshaft sensor. We also checked to see if the camshaft and crankshaft sensors are synced which they are.

Best,

Dennis

Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 9:00 AM

Dennis,

I am a little leary to spend $1,300 after I just bought that other computer.  That said if you can guarantee it will fix the spark issue and make it run I will.

Thanks

Chris

Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 3:58 PM

I can send it back to you.

Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 3:44 PM

Dennis,

Since I just bought that.  Could you send it back to the computer place I bought it from for me? I paid approx. $300 for it

Thanks

Chris

Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 3:34 PM

Chris,

Our shop foreman and I followed the pin point test and checked all of your wiring and we believe your factory PCM is bad, when we installed the other PCM you supplied we aren’t convinced this aftermarket PCM is good either. We would like to put a OEM PCM in, the cost for this is $1,300, please let me know if you would like to proceed.

Dennis

Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 10:51 AM

Ok.

That’s what I thought was wrong.  It’s weird?  Did you see the new PCM?  There should be a new PCM in the truck.  I actually bought one b/c I thought the ignition module in the PCM might be fried…

chris

Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 10:49 AM

Subject: Update

Hello Chris,

I received your voice message.

We haven’t put too much time into your truck at this current time. We have returned the PCM to stock with the SCT device, installed the stock PCM, updated the PCM to the latest Ford calibration and removed the MSD plug and play harness. We know for a fact the truck has no spark we are trying to figure out what could be the cause.

I’ll keep you posted as we move forward.

Dennis

Sent: Friday, April 21, 2017 2:34 PM

Subject: RE: truck

Dennis,

Here is the injector information.   I apologize for delay.

Ford mustang 47# fuel injectors m-9593-lu47

ThanksChris

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:11 PM

No problem

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:03 PM

That’s fine can you call me at 508-756-4247?

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:02 PM

Chris,

I’m  in the shop for the rest of today, I will be in the office tomorrow however I have a meetings all morning.

I will be available after 1:30.

Dennis

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:59 PM

: 'Dennis M Gomes'

Dennis,

When is good time to discuss the truck

Thanks

chris

Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:48 PM

Chris,

I just called your office, please let me know when you can talk

Dennis

Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:12 PM

Dennis,

That is fine.  But you also told me you would call yesterday.  I waited an called you several times.  If you inform a customer you are going to call and don’t it is not good.  LMK when we can discuss.  I am less than thrilled thus far.  I am not in a rush.  That said don’t tell me you are going to het back to me and blow me off.  I run a business and always get back to my patients.

Thanks

chris

Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:18 PM

Chris,

I haven’t had a chance to look at your truck which I’ve stated previously I will not have an ETA on this, before I look at it I will give you a call.

Dennis

Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:02 PM

To:

Subject: truck

Dennis,

I have emailed you all the information as requested.  I have waited for you to contact me.  You told me you would call yesterday.  I did not get a call despite calling you several times.  I also called today.  The truck issues should be discussed BEFORE you try and diagnose anything.  I would like a time that this can happen.  Please email me several times we can discuss or call me tomorrow at work (508-756-4247).  I do not want the truck worked on until we discuss it.  I haven’t even told you where the base tune it

Thanks

chris

I didn't see it in the chain but is it a lightning truck? If so I stick to the well knowns for work and not a stealership. Tasca is great for a reasonable price on true oem parts so you don't get screwed with cheap China knockoffs though.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

It is a Roush truck. I called Tasca (they were recommended by Roush). They have a mod shop where they were on high performance stuf. He guaranteed he could fix it. Instead he had it for months and did not

Sorry but I understand Ford not guaranteeing a modified vehicle.

Neither will Chevy or Dodge.

Why couldn't Roush do the work if they built it ?

What year is the truck and who did you buy it from? It sounds like there have been a lot of modifications. Why blame Ford because one guy let you down? I do agree with him about the aftermarket bargain computer, high risk of failure and not working out of the box. They went through all of the troubleshooting and narrowed it down to one likely component. It's hard enough to get an aftermarket solenoid or voltage regulator that works, let alone a computer.

I understand the frustration and the time that has passed by, but you took the truck to someone based on a recommendation of someone else. Roush likely has a working relationship with him and he is more responsive to them. He is busy and doesn't know you and so your project is on the back burner.

How about your engine builder? Or is that all they do, build them and let you figure out how to make them run?

Trying to get work done long distance is always a problem, especially when you have no history with them.

Good luck on getting it running.

Last edited by a moderator:
The truck is a factory supercharged truck. The only mods were to the bottom end. The engine bent a rod b/c the injector stuck open. Ford new about the bad injectors and did a TSB but did not do a recall. I beefed up the bottom end when I built the truck and added a factory intercooled intake. The truck ran then died he told me to bring it to him which I did. He failed to fix it. Ford failed to correctly dx the bent rod when I took it to the first dealership. I ddi not know about the guarantee when I took them he truck with a bent rod (still running). They would not help. MY wife's Silverado (duramax diesel) was out of warranty and chevy fixed an emision tank for the urea free of charge. They stood behind there product Ford did not. Nor would Ford help me with the stealership. I asked him to put a new computer in the truck which he did and the problem was still there. I just took it home. I will fix it myself. Why would I buy another performance truck from Ford when they don't stand behind their products or help with dealership issues? The truck is a FACTORY ROUSH SUPERCHARGED truck. No never again. If I buy a Ford it will be an old one. They lost a lifelong guy here.....

I have to agree with Chris here. I had the same exact experience with Ford on an Explorer I used to have. The coil pack fried on me going down the interstate. Only had 51,000 miles on it and completely stock but out of warranty. Dealer replaced coil pack at my cost. Ran for another 25-30 days then blew up again. Turned out the computer was malfunctioning and burning up not oil the coil pack but part of the wire harness. Ford refused to do anything to help out.

On the other hand I had a 97 chevy blazer that had the butterfly on the throttle body come loose and get sucked into the intake manifold and logged in a valve at 105,000 miles. They paid for a new throttle body, intake, and 1/2 the cost to have the heads redone and all the dealers labor with just one phone call.

I love my old Fords but their recent service has sucked.

Contact your dealer and tell him to set you up an appointment with the factory service representative.

File a complaint with the NTSB, easy to do online. A sticking injector can be a safety issue, causing an engine failure while driving down the road has the potential for loosing control of the vehicle.

File a complaint with the EPA, sticking injectors cause the vehicle to exceed emission standards.

It takes a while for the NTSB to get anything done, but EPA should contact Ford sooner, especially with a TSB out on the problem.

Tasca Ford in Cranston RI is only 5 miles from me, I have bought a few cars from them, I only use their parts department because they are close to me, as for their service DPT, I'm not a fan at all, I've had my share of issues with them.

I know many people have used the Tasca Mod shop for tuning and Dyno runs, they do a very good job, but they know the guys personally which I'm sure makes a difference.

Back