Need trustworthy engine builder near Los Angeles.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
some of you may remember I was looking for a 1969-70 351W block a while back. 

I found a short block but now I need someone to put it together. 

What I need is someone:

1. Who's trustworthy 

2. Who'll turn a short block into a working long block and knows what they are doing and either sells the parts for the job, or orders them or lets me order them and have them shipped to them. 

3. Who'll put the engine back into the car that will be hauled to their shop and hooks it up so the car is ready to drive. 

Trans is in the car and working so is the exhaust.

The car is in Las Palmas, south of LA and the shop should be not too far away from there for obvious reasons. 

I want it all done in the US before I have the car put in a container and shipped to Europe. 

It doesn't need to be cheap at all costs. I prefer to pay for a job well done than to initially save money on a hack job.

Looking for basically stock built, maybe 4V instead of the original 2V but aiming for good low end torque instead of high end horsepower. Engine needs to be reliable, good mannered and smooth, nothing wild.

Daily driver compatibility is a must.

Boy, I would be very leery about doing this at all. Why? You can pay big (or small) bucks for the job, and once the car is shipped overseas, you lose all ability for warranty work/claims. Just try to work out problems 6000 miles away...Good luck, though.

Boy, I would be very leery about doing this at all.  Why?  You can pay big (or small) bucks for the job, and once the car is shipped overseas, you lose all ability for warranty work/claims.  Just try to work out problems 6000 miles away...Good luck, though.
I hear you. That's why I don't wanna simply choose one by flipping a coin. Hence the "trustworthy" part.

Back