New garage

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
Today at last my wish for a garage workspace of my own has come true. No more renting. I bought a unit that is just over 3 meters wide (not that much but wait for it....), 10 meters deep and 8 meters tall (that's 3 floors).

I'm starting to move stuff in tomorrow. The place is brand new, I'm the first owner and the unit is mine to customize.

Here's a pic to get an idea:

2c0a4d8922617dbe3c1ca2aa2170cddc.jpg

I'm going to make the cupboard a bit thinner to make driving in and out easier. Lots to do... Eventually I also want to have 2 floors in it. Imagine the floor space! I know that in most other countries space is no issue but overhere space is rare and expensive.

I'm thrilled to have my own space now :)

First thing you should buy is a lift as you got enough height. Maybe only use half the length for a second floor. You can't imagine how much owning a lift will change it all.

Thanks everybody :)

First thing you should buy is a lift as you got enough height. Maybe only use half the length for a second floor. You can't imagine how much owning a lift will change it all.
That's the plan. I want the lift in the middle to make a workbench and keep room for a mill and lathe in the back.

Will e: That's what I was thinking as well: no more money thrown away by renting :)

"Eventually I also want to have 2 floors in it".

wait, wait...

are you saying specific 71, 72 and 73 floors? :)

Haha, I could store 3 big americans in there but one would be a 73 corvette and the other probably a Trans am :)

Ah dreams...

I might get very serious coz more and more often I find myself thinking about doing a concourse restoration. I know I won't be driving it for a long time then but if I don't take the car apart completely I'm always going to have the feeling I missed a spot somewhere and I might have to do it all again. I usually want to do everything right in one go...

Anyway, as of today I should also have electricity in the unit. What should I hook up first? Radio? Coffee maker or fridge? Choices! :)

Nice to know... where to go...  :whistling:

Anyway, as of today I should also have electricity in the unit. What should I hook up first? Radio? Coffee maker or fridge? Choices! :)

I think... light in the darkness  :idea:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back