Need OEM AM/FM radio for my 1971 Mustang

Howdy!  I need a correct for 1971 (or correct style save for year) AM /FM radio for my 1971 Mach 1 Mustang with A/C (if that makes a difference).  Car has an after market radio I would love to get rid of.  My car came with an AM radio, but I would prefer AM / FM in the spirit of usefulness.  

Thanks!

My Original (from High School!) 1972 Mach 1 / 2014 F150 / 2018 Porsche Panamera

Howdy!  I need a correct for 1971 (or correct style save for year) AM /FM radio for my 1971 Mach 1 Mustang with A/C (if that makes a difference).  Car has an after market radio I would love to get rid of.  My car came with an AM radio, but I would prefer AM / FM in the spirit of usefulness.  

Thanks!

I got my AM from Mike at Motorcity Mustang.

Here in the UK we have companies that will install FM into a AM radio without it showing outwardly. So if you want to stay original you can but with the twist of secret FM

Steve

1971 Grande

Thanks!

I got my AM from Mike at Motorcity Mustang.

Here in the UK we have companies that will install FM into a AM radio without it showing outwardly. So if you want to stay original you can but with the twist of secret FM

Thanks Steve! Yes, that FM adapter with an original AM radio is an option also....thanks for the thought!

Brad

I had mine converted to modern. It is an original radio with modern internals. It has an internal amp preamp outputs blue tooth etc.

It was spendy but worth it

randbvintageradio@comcast.net

The full package was $650. He does offer cheaper alternatives

I had mine converted to modern.  It is an original radio with modern internals.  It has an internal amp preamp outputs blue tooth etc.

It was spendy but worth it

randbvintageradio@comcast.net

The full package was $650.  He does offer cheaper alternatives

thanks for the tip!  i may stay original, but your option is even better....modern but APPEARS original....i do not need pre amp etc I do not think, but bluetooth is always nice.....

best,

Brad

I drove my daughter to a friends house yesterday. Ont he way home tall cool one came on the radio. I cranked that old radio and she sounded so nice. I felt like a tall cool one!

1074009870_1971radioamFM.jpg.1539d6ea291c237ead85087abe0b44e6.jpgThe 71 AM/FM radio has "MUSTANG" in the center of the lens. The body of the radio for cars with AC is smaller to accommodate the center vents and ductwork.

My 1972 am radio was simply marked "Philco" . Thanks for the help and information!

The one I have is for a 1972 with air con and as you can see it is a Philco

Not sure if it works yet but if you have trouble finding one you can have this one just need to pay postage

PM me if interested

P1020959.thumb.jpg.f9ee2b7a2abad123317211e03821061e.jpg

P1030238.jpg

you bet I am interested! how much is postage from down under? the a/c units are different i think as they are slimmer? simply email me if you would please sir! any way to test it?

thanks,

Brad

Does anyone know if the AM only radio is different for AC equipped cars!

• 1 year later...

We need a radio by year thread!!!! Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)