Falling Apart

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
It seems everything i touch falls apart.

I took the tail lights out and took them apart to find the backing plastic plastic light seperaters had turned to dust.

The interior came out to find the dreaded rustworm had eaten chunks of the floor.

Now i have taken the grille out and thats falling apart.

So I decided its time to get artful instead of deflated. The headlight surrounds have been totally removed. I have used some fibreglass on the half dozen cracks and sanded them down. Not looking for a perfect invisible finish as i wanted to show the cracks to some degree and honesty. The honeycomb piece at the back has been re-sprayed satin black along with the centre corral that the Mustang fits in. I have masked off the corral and will mask off the now black honeycomb back tomorrow. Thats going to be a frustrating masking session trying to work my hands between the plastic with masking tape in hand. If i can remain calm and patient the rest will get painted with the GM Vauxhall silver platinum paint.

20170703_122851.jpg

20170703_122903.jpg

Oh, it's just your car, I was afraid you were talking about yourself. :whistling:

Good attitude on tackling the problems...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a decent 71 Mach 1 grille that you can have if your interested. It has a few broken tabs around headlights but overall decent shape. The pony emblem is missing too. But if your interested and pay shipping you can have it. Here is a pic of it beside the new one. You can see the broken tabs. But it will still work. 

upload photo on net

Back