Please help me reunite my Boss 351s with their drivetrains

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Boss fans! I'm looking for the following Boss 351 motors or transmissions to reunite them with their perspective cars:

1F218449 and 1F135683

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would imagine 1F218449 would be somewhere in the southeast, probably somewhere between Mississippi and Texas, and 1F135683 would be somewhere around Dearborn or New Baltimore, Michigan.

Please let me know if there are any websites that help people bring their cars and drive-trains back together.

Thanks!

I have the engine Block Crank Rods etc for R code 1971 VIN last three numbers 223.

Well, the other issue is IF the owner will BUY just to have or even install. When I sold my last boss, I did included the original block as the owner "knew" he should have it , even though he was doing a resto mod build.

For example, in the case of 135683 I don't know if the owner would be concerned with the block as it is a running driving car and is more hung up on the DSO 89 "test vehicle" status thinking that is where he should concentrate efforts. (collectively cars often have much more needs than a block)

That car was sold off the employee lot in 1972 and had a HARD front end hit before the 80's. Owner (being at Ford) did have repaired with NOS parts (entire front) and it stayed in his family in Dearborn. In 2005, he sold to his nephew for $4000. I was there the day he towed home - just couldn't stop him from taking the distributor, alt, starter , waterpump, to NAPA for cores. (He really shouldn't have gotten the car - would have been better to get money IMO (had 4 kids)

Traded car to a resale lot in ANn Arbor for an Excursion and they sold for $28K (Asking price was $32999.00) I visited the car at the prison in IL on the way to Barrett-Jackson. I took 15X7 wheels , as Joe said "the lot told him they bought repor Magumns from NPD". Left the wheels and tires at a shop! While there Chris Long, tuned the carb (funny the guy left the Autolite in 2007 -though the alt/Dist/starter still bother me). When I show Joe all the non date matching front end parts, I think he felt "this isn't a car to restore". Because he would be transfer to DC for a high level federal post, he sold all of his Mustangs.

It has sold twice since then and is out there , the other thing that happens when a car get TOO EXPENSIVE is the question of "should I pour money into this" ! If I can help I will - remind us if this is JUST A BLOCK- might be better to just sell. Problem it really only increases in value to that owner. For other there are always plenty of Cleveland blocks closer to them and anyone can put 4 bolt caps on a block. When they don't care about stampings - the D2AE-CA 4 bolt is fine for them at under $600.00

Again, if I can help I will. Some of us do travel to buy stuff - AND when we are Mustang guys TRADING for what you need is sometimes worth it too !

Mark

I have the engine Block Crank Rods etc for R code 1971 VIN last three numbers 223.
Hi finley! Thanks for your response, but not sure how that helps me. That motor would not be the one for either of my two bosses. Thanks. Kevin.
Kevin

I am sorry ..........I THOUGHT YOU HAD BLOCKS looking for the cars.  I now see you may have cars without blocks.   Again, I am sorry -usually don't provide info in a public forum on cars (I thought you were looking for them)

Mark

P.S.  My confusion came from your signature that doesn't show any R codes.........hence my thoughts

Hi finley! Thanks for your response, but not sure how that helps me. That motor would not be the one for either of my two bosses. Thanks. Kevin.
Kevin

I am sorry ..........I THOUGHT YOU HAD BLOCKS looking for the cars.  I now see you may have cars without blocks.   Again, I am sorry -usually don't provide info in a public forum on cars (I thought you were looking for them)

Mark

P.S.  My confusion came from your signature that doesn't show any R codes.........hence my thoughts

Hi Mark! I'm so confused about these posts and responses. I'm not very good at this. Believe it or not, my signature just includes my verts because there is not enough room to fit my fastback cars. I am, however, mainly a vert guy. I only own about 5 fastbacks. I sent you a PM. Please give me a call. I'd love to talk to you. Thanks! Kevin.

Hi Mark. Just wanted to say that I enjoyed our conversation on the phone last night and to add to the thread that my Boss is NOT the one you were talking about that was hit and had all the parts taken off of it (very sorry for that Boss owner). Still looking for my motors and transmissions though!

Thanks!

Kevin

Hi Mark. Just wanted to say that I enjoyed our conversation on the phone last night and to add to the thread that my Boss is NOT the one you were talking about that was hit and had all the parts taken off of it (very sorry for that Boss owner). Still looking for my motors and transmissions though!

Thanks!

Kevin
Again - sorry that I didn't LOOK at another forum closer for you!   http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=77048.0

For sure this is what you need , and it is priced very well for what you get.   Almost similar to my sale at $16.5 last year, but mine included Transmission.   http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=77048.0

Mark

Thanks!

Kevin
Again - sorry that I didn't LOOK at another forum closer for you!   http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=77048.0

Hi Mark! Thanks for the reply. I'm following that auction of Ebay. I agree that the price seems fair, but too expensive for my blood. Still would like to find my original block (if possible, or a date code much closer), buy it and build it or hold off on the project all together. I'm sure someone out there has a car/project worthy of that motor, but I'm afraid at the end of the day I'd have too much in the project to get my money back. But please keep looking! Kevin.

For sure this is what you need , and it is priced very well for what you get.   Almost similar to my sale at $16.5 last year, but mine included Transmission.   http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=77048.0

Mark

Back