71/72 in film car chase

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good one. I posted it a little over a year ago somewhere in the YouTube section but it got buried there.

Did anyone notice how sometimes on the Mustang's passenger side breaklights only one comes on and sometimes both work. I wonder if they had two cars or just a bad wire.

At the very beginning you can see that only one bulb comes on do it wasn't smashed either.

I think you're right, they had 2 cars because half way through the car chase the semi crashed front end seems to repair its self, then goes back to being crashed again!
That could have happened in editing when they cut the scenes together. But the missing tail lights are on the undamaged car and on the totalled one but in between there's are sometimes working.

I think I saw it back in the day. I like how it goes from dry to wet to dry to wet. Did you notice the full skid plate under the mustang when it flipped. To keep from breaking everything when doing the jumps. They had to have several cars to make it through that shoot. Poor guys that had to piece them back together.

Back