Mustang Pony Run

turtle5353

The family and I was able to make it to a local mustang cruise last weekend. My mom and dad took their 66 and I drove my 71. It was a pretty good turn out. Met up at a local business with 56 other mustangs, then went went on a 50 mile cruise. Stopped at a local Dairy Queen then we went to a state park. The park is a museum about the first oil wells in the area. Drakes well museum in Titusville, PA.   It was really interesting and a good time. Here's a few pics. If anyone is interested in  going next year let me know. They cruise to a different location every year. 

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

Cool! Thanks for sharing. It's a lot of fun going a cruise with a herd of Mustangs. I've done it a couple of times with my 04 Mach 1 on Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway here in Virginia!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Nice that you got to take the whole family on your cruise...how's the Cleveland running?

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

Nice that you got to take the whole family on your cruise...how's the Cleveland running?

Yeah it was fun, thanks guys.

The Cleveland has been running great! Since I put the new cam and lifters in, its a whole different car. Just finished up some fine tuning with my engine builder. Dropped 1 degree of total timing and a couple of jet sizes and it seems to be really happy. Crisp throttle response, idles great even in gear. My gas mileage even improved.  I was getting around 7MPG with the old setup and cam. So far the new one is around 10.5MPG, and I'm good with that!! I was happy to get into double digits!!  We put almost 250 miles on that day and she never missed a beat. ::thumb::

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.