3 point seat belt kit from CJP

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach 1
302-2v
C4

Has anyone tried These? I really don't want my son to have just a lap belt. Is there already a fastener on the roof for the upper mount? Are these any good?

I tried searching but all I found was reviews from down under. Nothing on the cjp kits.

Last edited by a moderator:
DO YOUR REASEARCH!!

I got a set from NPD that were supposed to fit, but were in fact totally wrong for our cars. They were crap from start to finish and I returned them. For a start, they had lift latches, not the push button style and the center strap off the tunnel, was way too short and placed the buckle on the side of the seat, not in front of you.  Mind you, if you are tall and have the seat all the way back, may not be so much a problem.

That said, there are several companies that make 3 point belts for our cars. Do your research and be sure they are correct in all aspects for your needs.

I would and probably will put a set in my 71, but for now I'm sticking with the old lap and shoulder 2 piece things.

Let us know what you come up with.

Try Seat Belt Solutions. Just google it. There are other manufacturers as well.

Thats kind of what i thought. Most of what i have seen loiks like it wouldnt work in our cars. Id even settle for the 2 piece, but im not buying anything till someone recommends them.

I got the seat belt solutions seat belt kit today. Looks pretty good. I will have a good project to work on this weekend once it comes back from the mechanic. Im taking it in tomorrow for a complete 4 wheel brake job. Got all my parts in today for it. I would do it myself but I hate drum brakes. Doing the 2 on my Bronco was bad enough, and I swore never again, so Im not down to do 4 wheels worth. Hopefully it will be ready when I get off work.

I went with conversion van seat belts that have a drop sash to lower the belt from resting on your neck, to your shoulder. They bolted right up and I'm very happy with them. I ordered then with the lift buckle but you can order them with the push button. The company I got them from is called Wesco.

I got the seat belt solutions seat belt kit today.  Looks pretty good.  I will have a good project to work on this weekend once it comes back from the mechanic.  Im taking it in tomorrow for a complete 4 wheel brake job.  Got all my parts in today for it.  I would do it myself but I hate drum brakes.  Doing the 2 on my Bronco was bad enough, and I swore never again, so Im not down to do 4 wheels worth.  Hopefully it will be ready when I get off work.
Is this the kit you got?

Item #MS368731000CB-131

SEAT BELTS 3-POINT RETRACTABLE KIT FOR FRONT SEATS

Yes that looks like it. I have a solution for the high shoulder belt. A seat belt guide from a 99 to 03 camaro will bolt up to the seat and bring it down to the proper level.  I wish I had found the van kit with the drop link though, but this should work fine.

Any suggestions on mounting location/angle for the retractors? Should I gob some RTV around the hole thru the floorpan where the anchor bolt goes thru?

Also, does anyone know if this belt lock is a Ford type F8?

Back