Eckler's and Macs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonyjustin

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Project, 351 Cleveland, T-5 Trans
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about dealing with Eckler's.  I ordered two outside mirrors for my '72 fastback. After trying two other places without success, Mac's (Eckler's) had them both in stock.  I confirmed twice with the person on the phone both were in stock and would be shipped.  A few days later, I received one mirror and was notified the other was backordered with shipment date in late July.  My car had a date with the paint booth in mid-July. I called to find out the mistake and was told I was out of luck.  Further, Eckler's charged me the full amount of shipping even though only one mirror was sent.  I asked them to cancel the backordered mirror, which they agreed but would only refund $8.00 of the $30.00 shipping costs. I also need to return the first mirror, which is fine with me, but it has to be at my expense.  

I believe I was misinformed by Eckler's and should be able to return the mirror at their expense. I was able to find both mirrors through another supplier and met my deadline; however, Eckler's lied to me when I placed the order and now doesn't want to make it right.  I am disputing the charge on my Visa card.

Lastly, I got an email from Eckler's asking me to post feedback on how my "experience" went.  I posted an honest but unflattering feedback and then got a follow up email telling me the feedback was unsuitable for their website.  What a crock!  I didn't swear or make any exaggerated statements.  Just told the truth. Needless to say,  Eckler's is off my list of suppliers. Mustangs Unlimited is by far a superior supplier.  

Thanks for reading my rant.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about dealing with Eckler's.  I ordered two outside mirrors for my '72 fastback. After trying two other places without success, Mac's (Eckler's) had them both in stock.  I confirmed twice with the person on the phone both were in stock and would be shipped.  A few days later, I received one mirror and was notified the other was backordered with shipment date in late July.  My car had a date with the paint booth in mid-July. I called to find out the mistake and was told I was out of luck.  Further, Eckler's charged me the full amount of shipping even though only one mirror was sent.  I asked them to cancel the backordered mirror, which they agreed but would only refund $8.00 of the $30.00 shipping costs. I also need to return the first mirror, which is fine with me, but it has to be at my expense.  

I believe I was misinformed by Eckler's and should be able to return the mirror at their expense. I was able to find both mirrors through another supplier and met my deadline; however, Eckler's lied to me when I placed the order and now doesn't want to make it right.  I am disputing the charge on my Visa card.

Lastly, I got an email from Eckler's asking me to post feedback on how my "experience" went.  I posted an honest but unflattering feedback and then got a follow up email telling me the feedback was unsuitable for their website.  What a crock!  I didn't swear or make any exaggerated statements.  Just told the truth. Needless to say,  Eckler's is off my list of suppliers. Mustangs Unlimited is by far a superior supplier.  

Thanks for reading my rant.
I had an issue with the two outside mirrors I ordered from Eckler's/Macs as well. I received two left side mirrors because the box had the wrong sticker on it. The right side mirror was backordered as well (+/- 6 weeks ) . I have a positive experience with them because they have sent me a new mirror free of charge/ no shipping cost and I could keep the other left mirror! 

Why did you have to send the other mirror back to them?

The last person I talked to at Eckler's told me to send it back and to pay postage on the return.  I have no problem returning the mirror, it just should be at their expense since they lied to me.  The odd part to me is (just like you) I've had good experiences in the past with them.  I ordered two quarter panel skins, two outer wheel wells, and two lower front fenders, all with no problem.  With Eckler's help, I also rebuilt a '80 Jeep CJ5 and a '72 Nova with good results.  Now that they clearly made a mistake, they apparently don't want to own up to it.

i ordered a number of parts with them doing the fairlane. but one time they did the exact same thing to me.. yes in stock, i'm looking at it... blind in one eye and can't see out the other..

i was po"d too. i think we need to ask them to go and really look at it and put my name tag on it. but we know that'll never happen.

Back