• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Passenger side racing mirror

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmb3005

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang, 65D body style, dark green metallic, black vinyl roof, 351C, FMX transmission
Looking for a passenger side manual racing mirror.  Color is not important.  I just want the actual mirror and adjustment assembly. Mine is so worn out the mirror won't stay in position.

Thanks.

Bob

Here is a repair method

The video is very easy to follow, except I would still have to remove the actual mirror and drill out or grind off the rivets to access the ball socket, and then replace the mirror.  It doesn't look like there's any other way to do it without intentionally breaking the mirror because the ball and socket are behind the mirror.

Chances are, if you find a 40 year old replacement mirror it will also be loose. You are correct, the only way to remove the mirror from the backing plate is to break it.

Go to post #12 in this thread to see how I tightened mine:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-sport-mirror-replacement

Good time to replace it with a convex mirror, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a repair method

I watched the video and there was mention of a replacement mirror from the West Coast Couger web site for $1.80.  They're actually $16.00 on that web site.  But $16.00 is a lot better than $130.00 for a whole replacement sport mirror.  I'll probably order the $16.00 mirror and give it a try. It really seems like it's not too difficult.

You know, if you deliberately break a mirror, there will be 14, not 7, years of bad luck. You might want to consider asking your MIL to do the dirty deed.

You know, if you deliberately break a mirror, there will be 14, not 7, years of bad luck.  You might want to consider asking your MIL to do the dirty deed.
I have no problem "accidentally" dropping the mirror.   lollerz

Back