Well Liner Molding

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 88

Reaction score
I have a 71 Mustang convertible that I have been reassembling and since didn't get all of the parts to the car when I bought it I need some assistance with the correct well liner molding. The one I have is in the pics and just doesn't look right. This is the stainless piece that holds up the well liner on the back of the back seats. Help! Is the one I have correct for the 71 Mustang?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Keven

front view.jpg

side view.jpg

Keven, that looks like the one on my 73. It mounts like positioned in the second photo. The side toward your hand goes toward the rear of the car and the channel at the top is where the top boot fits into. The lower channel fits over the panel behind the seat. I hope that makes sense.

I agree, I think the 73's are the same as the 71/72's. Here are a couple of pictures of my 73 when I had the back seat out. You may be able to see how the piece fits at the top of the picture. Sorry, I don't have a picture from the other side.

2005_0430091.jpg

2005_0430092.jpg

Back