Breather Cap or not ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Hi

On mustang MT valve covers  I have one pcv valve connected toppar vacuum the Other cap has a filter on it . Today I noticed a few drop of oil on the cover. I dont know if it comes from the filter or the sealing from the cap. If removing the filter  whats the best option . Close it off or Connect  another pcv valve to it and Connect it to vacuum ?

Regards Rob

upload picture

Don't cap it off and don't add another PCV valve to vacuum. The filter is an air inlet. The PCV valve is connected to vacuum to remove air from the crankcase. They work together to maintain proper crankcase pressure. The only other option with the filter "inlet side" is an elbow and tube running to the air cleaner to suck in filtered air. If you are seeing oil seep out your PCV valve might not be working properly and causing an increase in crankcase pressure thus causing oil to come out the other side. Hope this makes sense.

Don't cap it off and don't add another PCV valve to vacuum. The filter is an air inlet. The PCV valve is connected to vacuum to remove air from the crankcase. They work together to maintain proper crankcase pressure. The only other option with the filter "inlet side" is an elbow and tube running to the air cleaner to suck in filtered air. If you are seeing oil seep out your PCV valve might not be working properly and causing an increase in crankcase pressure thus causing oil to come out the other side. Hope this makes sense.
Yes it make sense
Thanks

Regards Rob

Skickat från min SM-T815 via Tapatalk

since u are using aftermkt valve covers... tell me when u pull the filter off can u see the rockers ???? if so that's the problem. pull the cover off and fab up a plate to cover the hole but it has to have a gap so when adding oil for oil changes. without that cover the oil is spitting at it

since u are using aftermkt valve covers... tell me when u pull the filter off can u see the rockers ???? if so that's the problem. pull the cover off and fab up a plate to cover the hole but it has to have a gap so when adding oil for oil changes. without that cover the oil is spitting at it
Hi
It has a plate in tge covers so that the oil should not splash out. Ive now put a longer hose between the filter and cap.

Regards Rob

Skickat från min SM-T815 via Tapatalk

Back