grabber blue with black trim?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcode71

Reaction score
My Car
70 BOSS 302
Was it possible to order grabber blue with black trim?  I've seen a few in the images section on google and there is one for sale right now on ebay.  If not it's a shame as black stripes look so much better than argent in my opinion, at least on grabber blue.

jcode71, all 71 Mustangs with the lower accent paint received black paint (Along with black stripes if equipped) EXCEPT "A" #1724 black, "C" #3542 Dark Green Metallic, "J" #3657 Grabber Blue, and "6" # 3077 Blue Metallic. These four colors received Argent paint (and stripes if equipped).

I've seen Grabber and Blue Metallic cars with the black paint and they do look good. I feel the black does a better job of hiding road tar and other debris thrown up by the tires. Another combination I've seen and looks good but also not offered by Ford was Red with silver accent paint and stripes. In 72 and 73, 4Q, 3K, and 4C codes were added to the argent only list.  I say unless your doing concours, paint or stripe it the way you like.

Good info. I have to say that I prefer black on Grabber Blue to argent.

I'd like to see some more experimental stuff like white with red stripes, or black with gold.

Green metallic with gold or white stripes,

Something that's been on my mind for a long time is a dark gray convertible with oxblood top, stripes and interior......... (think Audi)

Ah, the possibilities...! :)

Thanks for the info. I've been wondering about that one for a while. Too bad you couldn't order what you wanted... I think grabber green would have looked good with argent but grabber blue and argent just doesn't go together for me... Oh well, if can ever score a BOSS 351 it will have to be pewter anyway. Thanks

While not directly related to the Grabber Blue/ Black vs Argent discussion, I would like to post a picture of the Red/Argent combination I always liked. I was at a MCA sponsored car show at D & D Motors, a Ford dealership in Greer SC. This was taken after the show was over so I was able to get a better picture of the Mach1. On the lower color it is hard to tell from the picture since the argent is picking up the reflection from the asphalt, but it is argent. Agree with jcode71 on being able to order the accent color you wanted, even if you had to sign a document obligating you to the vehicle when it came in. With peoples varied tastes it would have been nice to have that choice. With the Grabber Blue I actually like both accent colors but lean a little more to the black since it would be easier to keep the lower part of the vehicle clean (or least hide the dirt better).   :)

IMG_0664 (2).JPG

Mike, it was nice just to see something different. The one in the picture was an original stripe car so no molding. When he repainted the car the argent was done in gloss so that's why it was reflecting the dark color of the asphalt. There were other red/black Mach 1's there (one in background) so the red/Argent was a nice change. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back