73 Mach 1 project car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MACHRON

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Up for sale is a 1973 Mach 1. I am not sure what the actual mileage is on the car as it was sitting in a garage in Detroit since 1981. The original blew up the original engine and sold it. The car has never been titled since the original owner. I purchased the car from the second owner, in Detroit, who never titled the car. So, whoever purchases the car will be the second owner on paper. There is no motor, transmission or driveshaft. I have about 90% of the original interior. Most of the rust was cut out and the previous owner replaced the floor pans, rear quarters and engine compartment panels. I purchased the rest of the panels to fix the remaining rusted out areas. There is some surface rust around the car and the remainder of the car is coated in epoxy primer. I have about 90% of all the body components as well. However, I do not have all of the glass. Here is a list of new parts that will be included with the car:

Rear Spoiler and mounting hardware

Marker light kit

Front fender moldings

Mach1 hood

Hood scoops and honeycomb inserts

Master body bolt kit

Hood hinges

Door hinges

Hood molding

Fender brackets

Body Plug kit

Wiring clip kit

Deluxe bumper bolt kit

Rear dual exhaust valence

Patch panels all around car

I purchased a running 73 Mach 1 and just do not have the time to finish this car. I have the Marti report, title from the original owner, a build sheet found under the carpet and new Marti data plate.

Here is a link with more info:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263128885769?ssP...1558.l2649

Wow lots of stuff with this one. Tell me how do you sell a car and not close the title between owners. In N.C. I think they call that fraud and will put you in prison. They actually have DOT guys at swap meets to check to see if titles are closed before offered for sale. I am sure it is different there.

I am a police officer in Florida. All that is required is a bill of sale for purchase, especially when it's a project car and will not be registered or insured. Obviously once it's up and running you have to insure it and register it with the state.

You may want to check your eBay add. You list two very different vin numbers in the add. One being the "H" code that this car appears to be as per the Martin report posted with it. The other vin lists the car as a "Q" code.

It is just another way they can get more money. Each time they do the title it is $130. When I bought my 72 Q vert it was also a project car completely apart but back to a rolling chassis. I went with the owner to the DMV to do the title and he had not put the car in his name yet was still in his friends name that he bought it from. They made him do the title in his name before he could send title to me to do in my name. Could not skip an owner had to close the title they said. I have seem people get arrested at the Charlotte car show at the race track for selling with open title. Just one of those things to get more money out us.

It is very illegal in Iowa without a dealers license. It is the states was of collecting sales tax over and over again on the same car. I've seen several people get busted for it. You are also limited to 6 title transfer per year as an individual.

It is also illegal in Ohio to sell a car that is not titled in your name.

73PONY nailed it ... more sales tax money

Plus if you don't transfer it within 30 days they add in a late fee.

It is also illegal in Ohio to sell a car that is not titled in your name.

73PONY nailed it ... more sales tax money

Plus if you don't transfer it within 30 days they add in a late fee.
Here too.  Plus, if you buy a car with an open title how do you know the person standing in front of you actually owns the car and has the right to sell it to you?  Then, you go to register and title it in your state and find out there is an issue.

Funny question for you guys but do you ask the person selling the car to show you ID when you get the title to confirm that the person selling the car is the person in front of you? Just wondering......

I honestly haven't even given it much thought as my assumption is that if they have the title and the car they probably have a right to sell it. I'm definitely to trusting!!

Funny question for you guys but do you ask the person selling the car to show you ID when you get the title to confirm that the person selling the car is the person in front of you?  Just wondering......

I honestly haven't even given it much thought as my assumption is that if they have the title and the car they probably have a right to sell it.  I'm definitely to trusting!!
I have asked!

Like I said before, that's what the bill of sale covers. I worked auto theft for years as a detective and it's not an issue. Now you do have to fill out a State of Florida bill of sale form.

Back