Starting work again

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ygolohcysp

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 Q-code
Minimal progress on restoration
Hello.  I joined a while ago, and have been trying to find the time and motivation to once again start work on a 73 Mach 1 I've had for a while.  It seems every time I would get started, I'd immediately have to start travelling again for my last job.  Well, I've finally switched careers to a job where I don't travel anymore.  In the mean time, I've managed to pack more stuff in and around my Mustang in it's garage, but a lot of the items may prove useful in doing the restoration anyway, considering I'm not keeping it stock.  Some of the additions to my garage are a Bridgeport mill and a metal lathe.  I've already enjoyed making some parts for the motorcycles I ride.

Anyway, I've finally gotten an air line ran to that garage, so I can finally start work on the Mustang again without having to move the air compressor around, and without the extra noise of it being in the garage I'll be working in, which is nice.  My schedule is working out nicely so I can spend my off weekdays working out there.  I look forward to reading lots of posts here for more updated information about what's available than I'm remembering from 15 years ago, and looking at pictures to help build and keep my motivation.

Cheers!

I'll work on the pics. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like much at the moment. It's almost down to just being a shell. At this point, I've made and installed my own subframe connectors along with new floorpans. While doing that, I removed the cross brace that goes over the transmission and the trans support bracket bolts to, made my own that welds into the subframe connectors, and made my own transmission support to fit the T-56 I got brand new many years ago. But that's where it sits, needing lots of love. I've since noticed that there were rust holes on the shock towers where the bracket on the suspension side could trap moisture. I'm in the process of learning how to hammer 14 gauge sheet metal with a leather sand bag to try to repair that. But still, all in all, lots of tear down has happened, and not much for putting things back.

Quick question though, I see there are a LOT more sheetmetal items available from Dynacorn than I have found at the very few places I've gotten parts from. Where are some good current options for getting some of those parts from?

After I clean up the shop, I'll take some pics anyway.

I'll work on the pics.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like much at the moment.  It's almost down to just being a shell.  At this point, I've made and installed my own subframe connectors along with new floorpans.  While doing that, I removed the cross brace that goes over the transmission and the trans support bracket bolts to, made my own that welds into the subframe connectors, and made my own transmission support to fit the T-56 I got brand new many years ago.  But that's where it sits, needing lots of love.  I've since noticed that there were rust holes on the shock towers where the bracket on the suspension side could trap moisture.  I'm in the process of learning how to hammer 14 gauge sheet metal with a leather sand bag to try to repair that.  But still, all in all, lots of tear down has happened, and not much for putting things back.

Quick question though, I see there are a LOT more sheetmetal items available from Dynacorn than I have found at the very few places I've gotten parts from.  Where are some good current options for getting some of those parts from?

After I clean up the shop, I'll take some pics anyway.
I can ship you any of the Dynacorn parts

They have a warehouse in PA - I can arrange will call pick up there, it's by Pittsburg if your close to them

Last edited by a moderator:
Back