FINALLY after 14 months they arrive

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I ordered my interior fabrics and carpet from SMS auto fabrics 14 months ago. After a reassurance my order would be filled within 3 weeks and 3 months for the door panels i was getting a little concerned after my door panels were still not with me.

However today my special order door panels arrived over 14 months from order date. I must admit i think they were definately worth all the stress getting them here. I know some members have bought reproduction door panels and wanted to know other peoples opinion of thr door panels. As my original door panels were a total wreck i have nothing to compare them to. The new reproduction panels are plastic backed with a metal strip running along the top of the door panel and a metal square just below where the thickness tapers down on the front of the panel

20170809_123123.jpg

20170809_123056.jpg

20170809_123042.jpg

20170809_123040.jpg

That plastic backing came from Mustang Market

Are they padded or is the vinyl glued over the plastic backing?

They look nice in the pictures

That plastic backing came from Mustang Market

Are they padded or is the vinyl glued over the plastic backing?

They look nice in the pictures
They have padding in them. The padding feels pretty firm so i am guessing its a good job.

I have a great used woodgrain set to go in that came from Cobranda.

I would have had the chrome pieces to go above the carpet but they went missing while in transit across the pond

Back