Fuel Tank

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bondobax

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1
I am in need of a new fuel tank for my 71 Mach 1 , and would like to here of your experience and recommendations.

I got mine from NPD 11 or 12 years ago and it is still in good shape. However, I don't know who the manufacturer is (that long ago it was may have been Made in USA) or if NPD still has the same supplier.

My suggestion is one filled with money. :)
You mean full of pennies? lollerz

Since a penny is 0.0265 in^3, and there are 231 in^3 per gallon, a 20 gallon tank would contain 174,292 pennies (approximately) or $1,743.  Not too bad a return for a $100 gas tank! ::thumb::

Yes, Spectra Premium gas tank for sure, but don't buy the SP fuel sender unless they have corrected the direction of the outlet tube. Also I suggest you get it from RockAuto. It will be waaaay cheaper and shipped to your door. If you need a new sender, the Dorman 692232 stainless steel one is good. May need calibrating as most do.

If you search past posts on this about redoing the fuel system, I commented before. If I knew how to attach my post, I would, but........ It's Fuel system replacement, 71 Mach 1, in maintenance and repair, April 17 (I think)

Look carefully at your fuel lines too. I can say with almost certainty, that your old lines will be rusted inside. You don't need to go SS, but for a few bucks more why not. This is from MY experience, just do it all and do it right.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back