71 stock speedo replacement with tach

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micali

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang mach 1
I have a 71 mustang with the gauge cluster with a clock that I want to replace with another factory 71 Guage cluster with a tach. Does anyone know how to make this happen. If there's a thread with this already discussed I missed it. I have it in the shop but the mechanics are not sure how to make it work.

Also I need a new fuel guage since mine doesn't work. Where's a good place to get one of these? Thanks.

Sorry, I found my answer on the second page. I should of looked a little deeper before posting.

Hi

This has been done in my car.

Luckily I got my hands on the wiring harness from another Maxh 1 with a tacho which helped in the installation.

Also in my case we added a MSD ignition unit and then you need an adapter for the tacho , too - MSD sells these , too.

If I remeber right you need minimum a new plug for your tacho cluster because the standard plug ( attached behind the speedo) is too wide ( with the various copper contacts)....

My tacho works well ayway - so it is possible to do.

Back