Why????

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemikiller

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
71 XR-7 hardtop
71 Country Squire
65 hardtop
You really have to ask yourself, why would you load garbage into the back of your '70 convertible to take to the dump? The car looked really nice from the side as I went by, WTF!???

Maybe it's any excuse to get to drive your car. I frequently take either of my two old cars to town on errands just to get to drive them more often.

I use my 66 F-100 to haul stuff to the dump/recyclers all the time, as well as towing my car hauler. Yes it's a show truck but I love using it for what it's meant to do. A car/truck unused is a useless car. May as well buy a painting or some art.

HAHA!! Nice. I don't know if I would do that with my car, but I do use mine a good but for running errands around town. I took it to Lowes last night and loaded it up full of supplies for building my porch.....joist hangers, hurricane straps, lag bolts, screws, nails, ect. No lumber but lots of fasteners.

About 12 years ago I went out and bought 4 bamboo plants. (About 6 feet high) Put them on the rear seat with the top down and drove the 15 km home.

For some inexplicable reason most of their foliage was missing when I got home. :)

You really have to ask yourself, why would you load garbage into the back of your '70 convertible to take to the dump? The car looked really nice from the side as I went by, WTF!???

Hmmmm... haven't seen that one in the neighborhood either.... Did he have a dump sticker?  ;)

Mustang #3 for me was a 69 coupe. I got it for $1600 back in 95, when i got it home to clean it up I vacuumed a gazillion pine needles, from a Christmas tree. Yes, the PO transported a Christmas tree in the backseat.

Hmmmm... haven't seen that one in the neighborhood either.... Did he have a dump sticker?  ;)
Had to, the guys at the dump are pretty good about checking stickers. He has to be from my town, Killingworth.

I seen stuff like this heading to work or during a coffee run. Usually, older restored pickups though. Another question, I haven't really seen any 71-73s in CT Its nice to know I have other 71-73s brothers here!. I only know a few. One is located in Prospect, Others are in Naugatuck and Wallingford. Met them from car shows.

Back