71 convertible 302-2V from AUSTRIA

1971V8

Hello,

this is my march 71 `vert which I purchased 1 year ago totally disassembled (preowner stopped project 15 years ago...)- so now I am organizing all parts which are missing

when car will be 50 years old project should be finished

pre owner mixed up transmissions  :huh:  - so now I only have C4 from a 66 fastback with 289 bellhouse but I think I will have to mount in a >=71 C4 or new C4 ...

I am looking forward to learn much from this forum and to change knowledge

IMG_7874.thumb.JPG.e26a21df150eeead3a3dd9268e99c8ed.JPG

kind regards

Wolfgang

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool. Welcome from Iowa. Love the color and body work looks nice. Ask lots of questions and keep us posted on the progress.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Amsterdam, The Netherlands! Wow that's VERY blue, are you keeping that colour?

Welcome from Virginia! Looks like you are off to a good start!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Nothing beats the fun to reassemble a car with new and restored parts.

Please start a thread to show your progress!

Welcome from the northern Netherlands.

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Welcome from Amsterdam, The Netherlands! Wow that's VERY blue, are you keeping that colour?

yes will keep the colour, even if it is not oem grabber blue, but this colour is easily available (here in Europe) as it is from seat ibiza 2000

"Griaß Di" Wolfgang and welcome from Germany!

Gute Arbeit, weiter so!

Pfiati und Tschüss

Juergen

Juergen

Welcome from Western Australia, yes very blue and mine will be very red, at least you have most of the bodywork sorted which is a major effort although one thing that takes a lot of time is finding all the bits to put it back together.

P1030238.jpg

Nice !! That is a beautiful blue!! Keep us posted on your progress. The early transmission from the 66 shouldn't be a problem. I am running one in my 71. The only difference is the input shaft splines for torque converter. As long as yours came with the proper torque converter you wont have an issue.

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo,

Given the cost of fuel there, you might want to look at finding an Automatic Overdrive Transmission for that car. Any from the late 80s Ford with 5.0L engines would work and you would not have to modify the car to make it fit.

Eric

20 Mustangs and Counting. Time to be committed to an institution or should I just join Mustangs Anonymous? :cool: