tires 14x7

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firedawg77

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang convertible 351c 2v
20170830_210802.jpg  okay just found out my rims ar 14×7 so what does everyone suggest for a 73 mustang convertible? pics if you have them

I'm running on P235/60 s

DSC_8261.jpg

what carb are you running ? i have a 750 holley double pump going to play around with it see if i can get to my likeing but might need smaller carb

Any of the smaller tires are getting hard to find these days. I put Cooper Cobra 14's on my Ranger pickup, it was the only 14" tire my mechanic could get.  BFG's are my faves, and they still come in all sizes.  The BFG's will cost more Coopers, those are the only tires I know of.  I have 15's on my Mach, with the 15" fatties on the back.  Like them a LOT.

free photo uploading websites

Any of the smaller tires are getting hard to find these days. I put Cooper Cobra 14's on my Ranger pickup, it was the only 14" tire my mechanic could get.  BFG's are my faves, and they still come in all sizes.  The BFG's will cost more Coopers, those are the only tires I know of.  I have 15's on my Mach, with the 15" fatties on the back.  Like them a LOT.

Nice! Love those rear tires. What size rims are they?

Nice! Love those rear tires. What size rims are they?
Thanks!  The tires are BFG 295-50/15's.  The wheels are 15x10 Wheel Vintiques with 5.5" offset.  The tires will not co-exist peacefully with the rear sway-bar if you have one......I took mine off and tucked it away.

Finally Firestone to started producing their new Wide Oval Radials. I have had my order for five GR70 x 14s in with Coker Tires for nine months, just waiting for them to start shipping. Got them mounted on the original 73 aluminum slot wheels today and on the car they went. Took it out for a drive and the ride great a little softer than my T/A Radials, but the handling for a classic reproduction radial tire is just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Running 225/70R14. 14" tires are getting limited and expensive. Switching to 15s over the winter as these tires are getting on in years....

I went from 14 to 15's on mine. they are getting just as hard to get and expensive. I would recommend a 16" rim.  Theres a lot more selection of tires and prices have come down considerably over the years.  And theres not much difference visually between a 15 and 16. Just my opinion. And what I plan on doing with mine in the future.

Back