72 Bronco what would be a fair sale price

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Bronco guru buddy thinks this.

1) It is an automatic conversion.

2) In his opinion 15K is a ballpark as it sits.

3) Add another K for power steering if it has it.

4) Think seller will probably want 20+K for it.

It is so hard to judge value when you don't know if the bodywork was done right or wrong.

Due to the lack of history, I'm in the $12-$13K range, and the only reason I'm that high is because it has the original rear wheel wells.

It looks nice, but Bondo and new paint can hide a lot. I would spend some time with a magnet around the wheel wells, lower fender areas, rockers, bottom of doors, and bottom of tailgate.

I agree with Bentworker - they're probably asking at least 20k for it. I've been looking for one (1977) and basically you can't touch a good restorable one for under 10k. There are ones out there for under 10k but they probably need frame repairs or replacement at a minimum. They have reached cult status and bring crazy money.

Hey thanks everyone for your insight and advice. A quick google search and I found them selling for crazy money... 30 to 45..50K. I will be contacting the seller to find out the asking price. We will see.

I have a 76 Bronco, but it is a rust bucket and will require a lot of work to restore. The one in the pictures, if it is rust free, should be around 20K because the motor is gone. You can slip a nice little 302 in there, and have a nice rig, at which point, I would $20-25K is not out of the ballpark. These things have a reputation of rusting, like all the early 70's Fords, I guess, so be very careful to check for rust. Good luck with it.

A buddy of mine sold his uncut unrestored 6cyl for 15k a few years ago.  It was red, zero rust, I mean ZERO rust! It was in original San Diego driver condition. The phone rang off the hook for the thing. He was hopping to get 10k out of it.

It is so hard to judge value when you don't know if the bodywork was done right or wrong.
The door jamb data plate vin: U15GLQ.... and a type of : MPV. Does this help identify if it was an v8 and automatc car? I can decode mustangs but have no knowledge when it come to Broncos.

Thanks

The door jamb data plate vin: U15GLQ.... and a type of : MPV. Does this help identify if it was an v8 and automatc car? I can decode mustangs but have no knowledge when it come to Broncos.

Thanks

Rich,

U15 is the series/model number of U150 with a GVW of 3900 lbs which was the U-100 wagon. This one did NOT have the HD package on it.

G is for a 302 engine, L is the Michigan Truck assembly plant, and I think Q is the color code of Light Yellow Green

Also, all 1972 Bronco's came with a 3 speed manual trans. The automatic was not available until 1973.

Could not find what MPV is? 

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Back