Ethanol free gas is still available

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you rather use 91 Ethanol free or 93 with 10% ethanol? Would there be a performance difference between the two?
 IMO it depends on IF your fuel system will tolerate Ethanol. Ethanol will absorb moisture and eventually cause rust. I've been through this many time here if you chose to look up previous posts. I choose to replace all my fuel system, everything that I can to make my car ethanol proof. This way I can run any 91 or 94 gas if I have to. Locally in SW Ontario, we only have Shell 91 without ethanol (there may be other station that sell it, but it's not advertised, would be nice to know!), but I can get former Sunoco 94, now with 10% ethanol, from Petro-Canada if I need to. With the tune I have on my car, 10:1 comp, mild cam and the distributor set at 34 degrees mech., I now have NO issues with pinging and the engine runs strong on Shell 91

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you rather use 91 Ethanol free or 93 with 10% ethanol? Would there be a performance difference between the two?
SteveO,

Not much if any at all. The main problem is it eats the brass parts and anything that is not ethanol resistance. Stabl- Fuel makes a marine version for ethanol that may work.

mustang7173

Back