Wolverine and luxstang are writing history.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Some of the new members won't know what I'm talking about but the older ones may remember the times when the shenanigans going on between Wolverine and yours truly were quite famous on here. 

Well I just went to Paris to pick him and his lovely wife up. They're going to spend four days here in Luxembourg with me and mrs luxstang. 

Let's see if this small country can handle this combined awesomeness. :)

Some of the new members won't know what I'm talking about but the older ones may remember the times when the shenanigans going on between Wolverine and yours truly were quite famous on here. 

Well I just went to Paris to pick him and his lovely wife up. They're going to spend four days here in Luxembourg with me and mrs luxstang. 

Well....I google myself to assure my reputation isn't being tarnished and what happens?  I am being smeared by Lux...again.

First, let me say about 10 things:

1.  I travel, literally, halfway around the world to share my precious embodiment with this guy(actually his wife, but don't tell him) and you think he could get a decent haircut and a shave.

2.  He spends so much time hugging us upon our first meeting(more like feeling us up, but what the heck, we were in France) that we LITERALLY, I KID YOU NOT missed the train from Paris to Luxembourg by 30 seconds.   That was the ONLY TRAIN on our whole trip which left the station on time.

3.  So, not sure anyone knows this, but Lux is a bigwig in Euro TRAINsportation.   You think this guy could either call back that train or order us up a new one pronto.  Noooo....we have to sit around and drink beer for like 3 hours waiting for the next train....and of course, this is Lux we are talking about(he tells me they don't except Lux-Euros in France), so guess who gets stuck with the bar bill???  Do you guys know how much a BUD LIGHT costs at the Paris Train Station????   Neither do I because I wouldn't be caught with my pants down drinking a Bud Light, except that one time...but do you know how much a HEINEKEN costs?

Actually, Lux had a  cafe(pronounced   calf-ay  in Paris) which is like coffee except the portion size is like shot of bourbon at the Ritz...but not cheaper. 

4-9....another time....really.  I could go on forever....but #10 is a killer...literally.

image sharing sites

10.   We aren't in Luxembourg more than 1 hour and Lux, REALLY REALLY did this, runs over AN ENDANGERED SPECIES!!!!   Flatter than Pamela Anderson's back..not back side, just back.  I think he got it with both front and back tires.  How could he not see this YELLOW AND BLACK 8 inch creature with those vibrant spots in the dark of night.  The only time Lux was more depressed was when we were running to the train...and the train was just leaving the station ahead of us....it was a classic.

All I can say is, the only saving grace to the whole trip was Mrs. Luxstang.  And, my wife agrees wholeheartedly....which is the first thing we have agreed on in 36 years.....

And actually, everything is 100% true except the bit about my wife and I agreeing.

Well....I google myself to assure my reputation isn't being tarnished and what happens?  I am being smeared by Lux...again.

First, let me say about 10 things:

1.  I travel, literally, halfway around the world to share my precious embodiment with this guy(actually his wife, but don't tell him) and you think he could get a decent haircut and a shave.

2.  He spends so much time hugging us upon our first meeting(more like feeling us up, but what the heck, we were in France) that we LITERALLY, I KID YOU NOT missed the train from Paris to Luxembourg by 30 seconds.   That was the ONLY TRAIN on our whole trip which left the station on time.

3.  So, not sure anyone knows this, but Lux is a bigwig in Euro TRAINsportation.   You think this guy could either call back that train or order us up a new one pronto.  Noooo....we have to sit around and drink beer for like 3 hours waiting for the next train....and of course, this is Lux we are talking about(he tells me they don't except Lux-Euros in France), so guess who gets stuck with the bar bill???  Do you guys know how much a BUD LIGHT costs at the Paris Train Station????   Neither do I because I wouldn't be caught with my pants down drinking a Bud Light, except that one time...but do you know how much a HEINEKEN costs?

Actually, Lux had a  cafe(pronounced   calf-ay  in Paris) which is like coffee except the portion size is like shot of bourbon at the Ritz...but not cheaper. 

4-9....another time....really.  I could go on forever....but #10 is a killer...literally.

image sharing sites

10.   We aren't in Luxembourg more than 1 hour and Lux, REALLY REALLY did this, runs over AN ENDANGERED SPECIES!!!!   Flatter than Pamela Anderson's back..not back side, just back.  I think he got it with both front and back tires.  How could he not see this YELLOW AND BLACK 8 inch creature with those vibrant spots in the dark of night.  The only time Lux was more depressed was when we were running to the train...and the train was just leaving the station ahead of us....it was a classic.

All I can say is, the only saving grace to the whole trip was Mrs. Luxstang.  And, my wife agrees wholeheartedly....which is the first thing we have agreed on in 36 years.....

And actually, everything is 100% true except the bit about my wife and I agreeing.

I was right!  There was trouble - but it seems mainly for the lizard! :D

Greg. :p

Awesome. Haven't been to Luxemburg in years. Last time I was there my dad was still alive and we stayed at the Royal. Ate dinner at the Cravat. Love that city and country.

Just when I thought nobody'd ever know about that stuff this guy shows up and smears my reputation all over the place.

:)

The worst thing is that Wolverine has to touch everything he sees in addition to looking at it and let's just say he did look at my wife a lot. A whole lot! :)

Did he mention we bought a house only so that they could have a comfortable and private stay while with us? Nope! Of course he doesn't!

And on top of that his presence caused the salamander to commit suicide under my car when I dropped the Wolverines off at their private mansion.

Talk about making an impression on your surroundings. :)

He seems wittier online where he can prepare what he wants to say. Face to face he's much easier to handle.

Plus he was on my turf so I had an advantage.

Then he was so impressed by everything around here that he was too busy being mesmerized.

And last but not least he mostly makes nice when my wife is around so he makes a good impression. :)

Well, you asked for photos, here are a few...more will be on the way.

First, if you are in Luxembourg and you ask any bartender to give you the best beer on hand, this is what he will get:

Notice the Luxembourg beer on the right to attest to the veracity of this photo.

If you ask Lux to give you a tour of Luxembourg, this is one of the sites you will see:

Wait...that one is out of a book....but we did see that.  Here is one from the passenger seat of a car Lux is driving, screaming around Luxembourgs well paved 2 line highway:

Wait....that one is out of a book too.  The real story is the wife and I had been gifted a Luxembourg travel guide.  Prior to our trip, we took a bunch of photos from the guide and asked Lux to show us everything we picked out...basically ever photo on the book.  It worked out really well.  You see, what Lux lacks in musical talent, he makes up for in his amazing recollection of useless historical facts in regards to anything Luxembourg.

More photos coming....mostly of gravesites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I thought it would be easier if he could simply point at things than having to articulate them.

Like in an Asian restaurant.

Keeping him entertained was quite easy. Feeding him enough was way more difficult!

Well, I thought it would be easier if he could simply point at things than having to articulate them.

Like in an Asian restaurant.

Keeping him entertained was quite easy. Feeding him enough was way more difficult!
Well, when I made the statement, "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse," I didn't think you would take me literally.  You need to polish up your interpretation of the English language.

And for those wondering, YES, I was served and did eat horse in Luxembourg. (looking for photo now).  Actually, I understand in Luxembourg this is a delicacy, which tells you a lot about Luxembourg.

By the way, Lux, what was the name of that old run down place anyway?  Remember, this is the place where they didn't have enough money to paint or insulate over the stone wall, and we got stuffed into that crummy table in the corner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back