Vacuum Hose for AC Through Firewall

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billpetsch

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 being restored
Hi all. I have 71 Mach1 that did not have factory air and I am installing it now. The only thing left is where the vacuum lines get fed through the firewall. I know it should be somewhere behind the intake manifold and above the blower motor on the inside. Does someone have a picture of where I drill a hole? Or, was there some special vacuum fitting mounted in the firewall that vac lines from both the engine compartment and interior plugged into?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The Parts and Accessories Manual is not detailed enough on this one point.

Thanks

Hi all. I have 71 Mach1 that did not have factory air and I am installing it now. The only thing left is where the vacuum lines get fed through the firewall. I know it should be somewhere behind the intake manifold and above the blower motor on the inside. Does someone have a picture of where I drill a hole? Or, was there some special vacuum fitting mounted in the firewall that vac lines from both the engine compartment and interior plugged into?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The Parts and Accessories Manual is not detailed enough on this one point.

Thanks
The big rubber plug with two hoses in the middle.

DZM H MOTOR.JPG

Thanks
Here are some pics from the inside did not have any under the hood. There is usually an indent if there is a hole that gets added for like air or the door speakers and such where the hole would go. Look for like a punch mark in the area where the hoses are in the picture. Up close to cowl to right of center two vacuum hoses. I do not know the hole size?

Thanks

Can I ask where you got the foam seal that goes around the air box hole in firewall? I could not find a new one when I had mine out.

Thanks

Can I ask where you got the foam seal that goes around the air box hole in firewall? I could not find a new one when I had mine out.
Here is the firewall seal...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-73-MUSTANG-COUGAR-A-C-FIREWALL-GROMMET-AC-Air-Conditioning-Mach-XR7-XR-7-/360964668874?fits=Model%3ACougar%7CSubmodel%3AXR-7&hash=item540b2bbdca:g:b1QAAOSw-ndToG8A&vxp=mtr

Thanks everyone. One last question. Does anyone know what the part number or part name is for the plug in the firewall?

I probably have one in my parts stash. If you need it, drop me a PM.

As far as the hole, you know "about" where it goes. If you look closely at the firewall, there most likely will be a dimple in that area which is the center of the hole location.

Here is the firewall seal...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-73-MUSTANG-COUGAR-A-C-FIREWALL-GROMMET-AC-Air-Conditioning-Mach-XR7-XR-7-/360964668874?fits=Model%3ACougar%7CSubmodel%3AXR-7&hash=item540b2bbdca:g:b1QAAOSw-ndToG8A&vxp=mtr
Thanks for link. Not going to pull dash and box to put this one in, lol. I will have for the next one.

Back