My '73 Mach 1 and I say Hi

GeoBW

Hi All, Greetings from Oz. 

A few months into a full resto, having just finished an MGB for my kids to drive when they come home - yes blatant bribery. Never having had a Mustang before I will have lots of questions - just warning! I will try and search existing threads first though. Keen to talk to anyone who has done a resto on a 73 - though i realise they are all very similar.

Thanks in advance.

(Here's the car I just finished)

1_smaller.jpg

Cheers

George

Leave death a burnt out castle

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome from North Carolina. We have several members in Australia. I have a 73 Mach 1 with 12,000 miles original owner has pretty much ever option. There are lots more on here also.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome from Northeast Tennessee!   ::welcome::

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Howdy from Phoenix! I am glad you found us. Don't worry too much about asking questions. I often learn new things when reading an 'obvious' question. Plus we enjoy helping out.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Thanks all - what a cool welcome!!

Cheers

George

Hi George,

and welcome from Brisbane , Australia. You can learn a great deal by being part of this Forum. It has a lot to offer.

BTW - what part of the country do you inhabit, if you don't mind me asking?

Greg. :)

Thanks Greg - Brisbane in Queensland.

Cheers

George

Here you go:

2.jpg

Welcome from Western Australia, nice MGB but would like to see your Mustang also

Cheers

George

Hi George,

and welcome from Brisbane , Australia. You can learn a great deal by being part of this Forum. It has a lot to offer.

Jindalee to be precise - where are you?

Cheers

George

Hi George,

Jindalee to be precise - where are you?

I'm at Coorparoo. Well, well, well, it's a small world indeed. We should make contact at some stage and say hello. Send me a PM if that interests you Sir.

Cheers,

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

Here you go:

2.jpg

Welcome from Western Australia, nice MGB but would like to see your Mustang also

Thanks for sharing! Very fascinating combination of body/interior/decal/roof colour!

What's the "thing" behind the front wheel?

Here you go:

2.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Very fascinating combination of body/interior/decal/roof colour!

What's the "thing" behind the front wheel?

Rust repairs on both sides - stripping the car down in preparation for sandblasting inside and out

Mach_1_Sept_2017.jpg

and etch priming

Cheers

George

Welcome from a Sydney mustang owner. MGB is a winner btw. Im just putting my 71 fastback back together after being stripped and painted. Luckily there's lot's of great knowledge on this forum. Not mention our mustangs have a huge parts catalogue when you need new parts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi David, as I'm just lining up for that process it would be good to have a chat. How far did you strip back?

Cheers

George