• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 bbl exhaust heat shield

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
Here is another little item from that 73 coupe. This is the heat shield fully intact for passenger side exhaust manifold for 2 bbl Cleveland. $55 plus shipping if anybody is interested.

For anyone thinking about concourse, these are pretty hard to find. Just Sayin. I am glad my replacement engine was complete from top to bottom to include this part.

Does this fit on a 351C 4V engine as well? I've seen these advertised for both but I remember reading somewhere that the smaller part is different. Can somebody confirm this?

Last edited by a moderator:
The inner (smaller part) is different between the 2bl and 4bl engines and the outer is the same for both engines. These are for 72/73 applications as the 71 was different. These were sourced from 72-74 Full size Ford and Gran Torino 351c and 400 engines.  As bkdunha suggested, if your going concourse or you just want your car as close to the way it left the assembly plant, these are a power buy from Omie01. Many were tossed over the years or just simply rusted away. If they'd fit my 71's I'd snap them up now!

Vinnie, 73pony is correct on the right side only application. Only dual snorkel air cleaners such as the 82-85 5.0 "HO" engines would have a "Heat Stove" and air cleaner duct on the left side.

Back