Exhaust Paint

I am restoring my 73 'Tang to basically original.  I ordered the "Y" exhaust pipe form hell in April and got it in yesterday.

Would it be a good idea to paint the pipe with VHT ceramic?  

I would probably look better, but I am sure the original was unpainted.

TNX  Roy

SAM_0268.jpg

The original was not painted. You could have it ceramic coated to prevent corrosion so quick it will look close to original color.

I ordered the "Y" pipe in April and it just now arrived.  I think it is cursed.

I painted to Exhause Manifold with VHT.  So I am considering the same with the pipes.  if not it will rust as soon as I take it out of the garage.

Tnx

Helicopter,

You may want to consider Eastwood exhaust coatings.

http://www.eastwood.com/paints/hi-temp-engine-paints/exhaust-paints.html

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

Just a thought, I've used the Ace Hardware "aluminum" XO Rust paint in the past on a couple vehicle exhaust systems. These were daily driver type cars at the time and it held up extremely well here in the Northeast. For $10, it's hard to beat. Some higher dollar options would be the various exhaust paints as mentioned, which are designed for higher heat, or the mega buck ceramic coating option.

Just a thought, I've used the Ace Hardware "aluminum" XO Rust paint in the past on a couple vehicle exhaust systems. These were daily driver type cars at the time and it held up extremely well here in the Northeast. For $10, it's hard to beat. Some higher dollar options would be the various exhaust paints as mentioned, which are designed for higher heat, or the mega buck ceramic coating option.

Ok, That sounds like a viable option.

I am concerned what  colour to paint it.  The engine compartment is black, the exhaust manifold is painted grey and the Engine blue.  

And I still need a RH exhaust manifold.

TNX

Roy