• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Partinig out 1972 H code 3 speed Vert one of 82 built.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Ok guys I am 24 hours into the tear down of this beautiful car. One of the members located it on cl a couple years ago and I went and got it. It had the exact same interior that I needed for my 72 Q code vert and it was a one owner car so not hacked up. He had also just put new 2 1/2" stainless exhaust and ceramic coated headers that will go on the Q. The spare tire on this car had never been on the ground. Was bought by a Ford employee, dated in it, married his wife in it, had two boys and it was driven in his funeral. One of his sons was driving when hit in rear and pushed into another vehicle. The front is not damaged that bad but rear crunched. This car probably has the least rust of any car ever scraped. BTW I have a clear non salvage title with the car since it was never sold at an insurance sale and all the documentation from date he sat down and wrote out what he wanted on the car until the crash.

There are lots of parts that I will not need so send your requests. The front pieces were scrap and so is rear. It had a NOS set of Decor Group side trim that I will keep for my 73.

Like Marti's book says they only made 82 1972 H code verts with a 3 speed so very rare in that respect. If someone wants to purchase the rolling chassis that would have PDB and 9" rear and take your rusty hulk and make a really nice car this would be for you. The cowl looks to be rust free and the floor have very little, none under rear seat and seat riser is perfect. This car had Ziebart and was summer car. They did tow a boat a lot and had air shocks in the rear and there is absolutely no damage to the shock mounts on the body from the air shocks. Doors are probably available will have to check to see what all I need on my Q vert before I let go. So in about 36 hours a 69 year old guy will have torn the entire car down to a pile of parts by himself mostly with hand tools no compressor in shop yet. Can't move by myself too big.

I also posted on one of the Facebook pages for Mustang parts and everyone is upset because I would not sell the whole car to be fixed. I needed a bunch of parts to fix the Q code and have too many other projects to do this also. Could drop over tomorrow pulling the engine, lol. Good way to go greasy, smelling like WD-40, with a wrench in my hand.

I could not get pics to load so made a short video. https://animoto.com/play/oOVM1VhjrMPL8aPe9lUj3g

Ok guys I am 24 hours into the tear down of this beautiful car. One of the members located it on cl a couple years ago and I went and got it. It had the exact same interior that I needed for my 72 Q code vert and it was a one owner car so not hacked up. He had also just put new 2 1/2" stainless exhaust and ceramic coated headers that will go on the Q. The spare tire on this car had never been on the ground. Was bought by a Ford employee, dated in it, married his wife in it, had two boys and it was driven in his funeral. One of his sons was driving when hit in rear and pushed into another vehicle. The front is not damaged that bad but rear crunched. This car probably has the least rust of any car ever scraped. BTW I have a clear non salvage title with the car since it was never sold at an insurance sale and all the documentation from date he sat down and wrote out what he wanted on the car until the crash.

There are lots of parts that I will not need so send your requests. The front pieces were scrap and so is rear. It had a NOS set of Decor Group side trim that I will keep for my 73.

Like Marti's book says they only made 82 1972 H code verts with a 3 speed so very rare in that respect. If someone wants to purchase the rolling chassis that would have PDB and 9" rear and take your rusty hulk and make a really nice car this would be for you. The cowl looks to be rust free and the floor have very little, none under rear seat and seat riser is perfect. This car had Ziebart and was summer car. They did tow a boat a lot and had air shocks in the rear and there is absolutely no damage to the shock mounts on the body from the air shocks. Doors are probably available will have to check to see what all I need on my Q vert before I let go. So in about 36 hours a 69 year old guy will have torn the entire car down to a pile of parts by himself mostly with hand tools no compressor in shop yet. Can't move by myself too big.

I also posted on one of the Facebook pages for Mustang parts and everyone is upset because I would not sell the whole car to be fixed. I needed a bunch of parts to fix the Q code and have too many other projects to do this also. Could drop over tomorrow pulling the engine, lol. Good way to go greasy, smelling like WD-40, with a wrench in my hand.

I could not get pics to load so made a short video. https://animoto.com/play/oOVM1VhjrMPL8aPe9lUj3g
David,
I need the transition panel at the front of the trunk opening to the convertible well opening. The flat panel immediately in front of the trunk lid when closed, mine is rusted thru although my car doesn't have much rust elsewhere.

Thanks,

Curtis

Sent from my hammer and chisel using Tapatalk

I'd be interested in the underdash, headlight and tail-light harnesses.

David,

I need the transition panel at the front of the trunk opening to the convertible well opening. The flat panel immediately in front of the trunk lid when closed, mine is rusted thru although my car doesn't have much rust elsewhere.

Thanks,

Curtis

Curtis,

I am waiting to see if someone takes the entire chassis. If not you are first one down for the panel. It is totally rust free. This was a car from Grand Rapids Michigan, there all it's life and not a speck of rust in the rain gutter system. Probably did not wash the car a lot so it did not stay wet back there.

How much for complete wheels and tires?
They will be used on my build also these wheels are not rusty and the spare tire had never been used. My car also came with trim rings and hub caps so I need them also. That was first thing another local guy wanted. You would think there would be lots that came on other cars also.

If you are interested in parts please PM me easier to keep up with. There is a Forum member looking at the entire chassis with Brakes, rear and pedals so will have to wait to see how it all goes before saying who gets what.

It is a PDB car and also a manual transmission. I would think 3 and 4 speed would be the same. Has a very good steering column no tilt no wheel. It had a 3 spoke which I also need for build.

I have a power steering so I think I can let box and pump go as one. on that also.

I will be doing another later that is FMX auto, PDB, PS car with 351 H code and also a vert but there is not floors in this car. Cowl and firewall gone. The current car is in great shape much better than most.

You have the frame perches for the 72 conv? If so, Cost + shipping to 37743?

Tim

PS. Your PM folder is full. Would not accept my PM.

David, tried to pm you about my earlier post. Your pm box is full.

Thanks,

Curtis

I need a disc brake proportioning valve.  How much to Zip 64014, or PM me.  All I really need is the top receiver fitting for the brake line.  It threads into the top of the valve.  Mine has a cracked seat.

kcmash

Hi David, how much for the jack and jack handle? Also interested in front disc brake calipers shipped to 68106 ? Could not PM you, box full! If EDDY doesn't take the mirrors I'd be interested, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back