Partinig out 1972 H code 3 speed Vert one of 82 built.

Ok guys I am 24 hours into the tear down of this beautiful car. One of the members located it on cl a couple years ago and I went and got it. It had the exact same interior that I needed for my 72 Q code vert and it was a one owner car so not hacked up. He had also just put new 2 1/2" stainless exhaust and ceramic coated headers that will go on the Q. The spare tire on this car had never been on the ground. Was bought by a Ford employee, dated in it, married his wife in it, had two boys and it was driven in his funeral. One of his sons was driving when hit in rear and pushed into another vehicle. The front is not damaged that bad but rear crunched. This car probably has the least rust of any car ever scraped. BTW I have a clear non salvage title with the car since it was never sold at an insurance sale and all the documentation from date he sat down and wrote out what he wanted on the car until the crash.

There are lots of parts that I will not need so send your requests. The front pieces were scrap and so is rear. It had a NOS set of Decor Group side trim that I will keep for my 73.

Like Marti's book says they only made 82 1972 H code verts with a 3 speed so very rare in that respect. If someone wants to purchase the rolling chassis that would have PDB and 9" rear and take your rusty hulk and make a really nice car this would be for you. The cowl looks to be rust free and the floor have very little, none under rear seat and seat riser is perfect. This car had Ziebart and was summer car. They did tow a boat a lot and had air shocks in the rear and there is absolutely no damage to the shock mounts on the body from the air shocks. Doors are probably available will have to check to see what all I need on my Q vert before I let go. So in about 36 hours a 69 year old guy will have torn the entire car down to a pile of parts by himself mostly with hand tools no compressor in shop yet. Can't move by myself too big.

I also posted on one of the Facebook pages for Mustang parts and everyone is upset because I would not sell the whole car to be fixed. I needed a bunch of parts to fix the Q code and have too many other projects to do this also. Could drop over tomorrow pulling the engine, lol. Good way to go greasy, smelling like WD-40, with a wrench in my hand.

I could not get pics to load so made a short video. https://animoto.com/play/oOVM1VhjrMPL8aPe9lUj3g

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Ok guys I am 24 hours into the tear down of this beautiful car. One of the members located it on cl a couple years ago and I went and got it. It had the exact same interior that I needed for my 72 Q code vert and it was a one owner car so not hacked up. He had also just put new 2 1/2" stainless exhaust and ceramic coated headers that will go on the Q. The spare tire on this car had never been on the ground. Was bought by a Ford employee, dated in it, married his wife in it, had two boys and it was driven in his funeral. One of his sons was driving when hit in rear and pushed into another vehicle. The front is not damaged that bad but rear crunched. This car probably has the least rust of any car ever scraped. BTW I have a clear non salvage title with the car since it was never sold at an insurance sale and all the documentation from date he sat down and wrote out what he wanted on the car until the crash.

There are lots of parts that I will not need so send your requests. The front pieces were scrap and so is rear. It had a NOS set of Decor Group side trim that I will keep for my 73.

Like Marti's book says they only made 82 1972 H code verts with a 3 speed so very rare in that respect. If someone wants to purchase the rolling chassis that would have PDB and 9" rear and take your rusty hulk and make a really nice car this would be for you. The cowl looks to be rust free and the floor have very little, none under rear seat and seat riser is perfect. This car had Ziebart and was summer car. They did tow a boat a lot and had air shocks in the rear and there is absolutely no damage to the shock mounts on the body from the air shocks. Doors are probably available will have to check to see what all I need on my Q vert before I let go. So in about 36 hours a 69 year old guy will have torn the entire car down to a pile of parts by himself mostly with hand tools no compressor in shop yet. Can't move by myself too big.

I also posted on one of the Facebook pages for Mustang parts and everyone is upset because I would not sell the whole car to be fixed. I needed a bunch of parts to fix the Q code and have too many other projects to do this also. Could drop over tomorrow pulling the engine, lol. Good way to go greasy, smelling like WD-40, with a wrench in my hand.

I could not get pics to load so made a short video. https://animoto.com/play/oOVM1VhjrMPL8aPe9lUj3g

David,

I need the transition panel at the front of the trunk opening to the convertible well opening. The flat panel immediately in front of the trunk lid when closed, mine is rusted thru although my car doesn't have much rust elsewhere.

Thanks,

Curtis

Sent from my hammer and chisel using Tapatalk

I'd be interested in the underdash, headlight and tail-light harnesses.

The entire dash is going into my Q code vert build this winter. Biggest reason I bought the car was the interior.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

David,

I need the transition panel at the front of the trunk opening to the convertible well opening. The flat panel immediately in front of the trunk lid when closed, mine is rusted thru although my car doesn't have much rust elsewhere.

Thanks,

Curtis

Curtis,

I am waiting to see if someone takes the entire chassis. If not you are first one down for the panel. It is totally rust free. This was a car from Grand Rapids Michigan, there all it's life and not a speck of rust in the rain gutter system. Probably did not wash the car a lot so it did not stay wet back there.

David

How much for complete wheels and tires?

They will be used on my build also these wheels are not rusty and the spare tire had never been used. My car also came with trim rings and hub caps so I need them also. That was first thing another local guy wanted. You would think there would be lots that came on other cars also.

David

If you are interested in parts please PM me easier to keep up with. There is a Forum member looking at the entire chassis with Brakes, rear and pedals so will have to wait to see how it all goes before saying who gets what.

It is a PDB car and also a manual transmission. I would think 3 and 4 speed would be the same. Has a very good steering column no tilt no wheel. It had a 3 spoke which I also need for build.

I have a power steering so I think I can let box and pump go as one. on that also.

I will be doing another later that is FMX auto, PDB, PS car with 351 H code and also a vert but there is not floors in this car. Cowl and firewall gone. The current car is in great shape much better than most.

David

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love the coolant recovery system!! lollerz

1F03M, Maroon,Blk Int,Wht Top,A/C,Rim Blow,Posi

1F03M, Maroon,Wht/Wht,PW

1F03M, GrbrLime,Wht/Wht,A/C,CA Car

1F03M, Drk Green,Grn/Blk,4-Spd,Tach,R/A,Tilt,Rim Blow,PW

1F03M, Drk Grn,Blk/Blk,4-Spd,Tach,A/C,Tilt,Rim Blow,Mgnms

1F03M, Black,Wht,Wht,Tach,Posi

1F03M, Brown,Ginger,Blk,4-Spd,R/A,Tach

1F03M, Pewter,Blk,Blk,4-Spd,A/C,R/A,Tach,Mgnms

2F03R, GrabberBlue,Wht,Wht,Dcr Grp,Tach

2F03R, Brgt Blue,Wht,Wht,Dcr Grp,Tach

2F03Q, Red,Wht,Wht,Rim Blow,A/C,Tach,Conv.Grp,DcrGrp,Stripes,Mgnms

2F03Q, Rd,Rd,Blk,Rim Blow,A/C,Tach

2F03Q, Brgt Lime(Orig. Gld Glw),Blk,Blk,A/C,P/W,Tilt,Conv Grp,Dcr Grp

2F03Q, Grbr Blue,(Orig. Brt Blue)Wht, Wht,4-Spd,Tach,A/C

3F03Q, (2) Gold Glow(one Blk int,one Ginger int),both 4-Spd,Tach,Dcr Grp,Stripes,TuTone Hood,Frgd Whls

3F03Q,BluGlow,Blu,Wht,4Spd,A/C,Tach,DcrGrp,Stripes,TT,Frgd Whls

3F03Q, Copper,Gngr,Blk,4Spd,Tach,DcrGrp,Stripes,T-T,Frgd Whls

3F03Q, Trpl Wht,A/C,P/W,Tilt,Tach

3F03Q, Spcl Ordr Black,Blk,Wht,Tach

3F03Q, Spcl Order Purple,Wht,Wht,A/C,Tach,Tilt,P/W,Frgd Whls

And 10 more verts, 2 Boss 351s and 1 M-code Mach I! :D

David, tried to pm you about my earlier post. Your pm box is full.

Thanks,

Curtis

I need a disc brake proportioning valve.  How much to Zip 64014, or PM me.  All I really need is the top receiver fitting for the brake line.  It threads into the top of the valve.  Mine has a cracked seat.

kcmash

20171209_153154.jpg

Hi David, how much for the jack and jack handle? Also interested in front disc brake calipers shipped to 68106 ? Could not PM you, box full! If EDDY doesn't take the mirrors I'd be interested, thanks!

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

• 4 months later...

Just after I posted this ad I got blocked and could not get on the Forum for months. It was a computer thing something about my IP address got me blocked.

I do have the transmission cross member.

If you get Mustang Monthly the October 2017 issue has an article about an almost identical car. Starts on page 28 they call it the Golden Oddity. Yes there were only 32 3 speed verts built and the one in the article is almost a twin to this car. My car was a Decor Group so it had the black out lower body. The interior of both are the same but the car in the article has PW.

I did sell the Power Brake Booster and master cylinder, PDB are gone along with the spindles, proportioning valve etc.

I do have the clutch brake pedals that are PDB and the Z bar and all linkage. I have the transmission and shifter. All of the clutch and linkage is same for 4 speed along with the cross member. None of the parts are rusty like junk yard ones. I checked ebay for last sold clutch brake pedal and it was $350 for a rusty POS with no Z bar or any other parts. I also looked at Charlotte and there was one at a mustang vendor for $450 also very rusty.

The guy that wanted lots of the body has never came back so there is a great filler panel between the trunk and rear window. The RH Door post should be ok the LH is bent bad.

Both the Left and right Torque boxes and A post are rust free. This was a Ziebart car. The floors are pretty much rust free and was going to use some of that in a current build. I have kept the car inside so not in rain.

The 9" rear is all there.

I am using all the interior and dash in a current build. The engine is complete and was running when removed.

BTW the car still has a clear title not salvage. When the owner dropped his insurance from 32,000 to 16,000 two weeks before the crash the insurance co. gave him the car so they never had the title. It did not go to insurance auction thus no salvage title. It was a one owner car bought by a Ford employee.

So if interested ask questions and make offers on PM and will see if we can make a deal. If anyone interested in the whole body as is with the title that can happen also. I personally do not thing it is worth fixing even with it being one of 32 made. The VIN on block, transmission and chassis do match and could go to another body if you wanted.

David

100_3161.jpg

100_3162.jpg

100_3163.jpg

100_3164.jpg

100_3165.jpg

100_3166.jpg

100_3167.jpg

100_3168.jpg

delete steam account permanently

David

Do you have the front bumper and clutch fork?

The front bumper was a rubber one and was NOS with NOS brackets but it got bent. There is a steel reinforcement inside the rubber so slim chance of getting it straight.

Clutch fork has to stay with straight drive conversion from flywheel to driveshaft.

David

David

• 3 weeks later...

I have a list of items my 73 is needing;

Front headlight trim/retaining rings and screws

71-72 rear bumper brackets

71-72 rear qtr extensions (fastback)

71-73 coupe/vert qtr window mechanisms, no glass

Auto console, any color and minor damage ok, mine is garbage

Drivers door sport mirror