1973 Red Vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
I think they just throw these out there to see what will stick. Lots of people have money and if they like it they will buy it. Not very correct in any way. If they don't show engine, interior and trunk I am sure there are reasons. It is a shiny used mustang from 30 feet. No door tag or Marti to back anything up.

Had a guy here yesterday getting some parts and he has a really rusty car he is fixing. I just cannot see that. Even a rust free body when I pick up on lift the door gaps will open way up. Let the rust take 50% - 90% of the metal away and you are riding around in a paper thin car and a crash would be really bad.

Like others have stated never buy a car without a personal inspection to see what is hidden. Epoxy and fiberglass and body filler fill holes up but does not stop the rust. I have seen cars that had duct tape over holes and body filler over that and they looked perfect from outside. Skim coat a body sand it paint it and sell it before it rains, lol.

Wonder how they got the C4 to match up with the 351C?
I have a 73 vert 351 with C-4 it was an option as far as I know. Shifter is different because of neutral safety switch location. Lock out rod to steering is also different.
There were two made by mistake or to keep the line moving

But it is not the norm about 3000 - FMX, 2000 - C6 and 2 - C4 for the 73 verts with a H code

If your door tag has a W code, might want to keep that one

Back