Installing new seat platforms

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
I plan to install new seat platforms this winter, (thanks Don!! They are perfect!) Could someone post a picture of where their's are located so I can have a reference. Thanks!!

OOps, it is a fastback. When I installed the CJ units, not only did I lose head room, but I also lost leg room, I place them right where the originals were, but now I'm not sure if I will be able to tell where the originals went. Thank You!!

OOps, it is a fastback. When I installed the CJ units, not only did I lose head room, but I also lost leg room, I place them right where the originals were, but now I'm not sure if I will be able to tell where the originals went. Thank You!!
The front edge of the platform lip sits on the rear lip of the frame extension under the floor

this part

STD1M121ALH_lg.JPG

I have my passenger seat out and about to cut our floor pans on my passenger side. I can take some pics and measurements when I get home if that helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You! At this point a visual reference and measurements wouldn't hurt!! If all else fails I will line it up with the lip of the frame as suggested above. Then mount a seat and test it. Thanks again!!

Mount your seat and set them in the car. Adjust it to fit you then tack the platform in place, remove seat, then weld platform. That's how I did it and they fit perfect. I believe I am about 2" further back than stock.

I mounted mine 2" back for legroom....it is a fastback and the rear seats, in my mind, are for show....

Anthony

When you mounted them 2" back, how did the carpet fit? I got the molded, mass backed carpet from CJ and I could tell my platforms were taller because the carpet did not go all the way to the floor where the back seat foot well would be.

Mine fit ok. Took some time for it to relax over the platforms. One thing I noticed is the seam of the 2 carpets coming together is right at the front of the seat instead on directly under it. Don't bother me much though, way more comfortable.

Back