TMI sport seats and LED dash lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 2003 Cobra coupe
Heads up to 71-73 owners. I ordered TMI front sport seat upholstery and seat foam for my 72 Mach1. I also ordered LED dash lights from Mustang Project

The LED lights are great except do not order the bulbs for the 3 gauges in the center console - they are incorrect. I can see my speedo and tac at night. I replaced the bulb that is in the Automatic shifter selector. Not much improvement there though - but the dash lights look so good now I'm still a happy camper. I also replaced the bulb for heater control lettering and that it brighter also. These bulbs were supposed to be for the three guages but they can in handy anyway.

Craftsman Upholstery in Fairfax VA put the seats together - they look and feel fantastic. It's like having the 2004 Mach1 seats in a 1972 Mach1. Now the question is - do I sell the original Mach1 upholstery and seat foam which is in pretty good shape. I have had this car 29 years so keeping it in case I sell the car really isn't an issue.

machseat tmi.JPG

D1ZZ-10890-TGLO.jpg

Sweet!!

Forgive me, but which colors are the seat upholstery? Is it 'Black/Gray?' (the color looks a little washed out to me if it is)

I was thinking about getting the LED lights for the instruments as well - now I'm hooked... your gauges look awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! I love the two tone upholstery! My seats are black on black.

The led kits leave lots to be desired.

i'll give some tips

don't change the bulbs for the turn signals indicators to leds, the leds are way too bright and the green light for the indicators becomes blinding at night.

don't change the bulb for the brake warning light, my led bulb and my brake malfunction switch in the prop block did not get along and the led would flicker and do all kinds of crazy things. a regular bulb worked fine no issues and was active during engine start up as normal.

yes - I only replaced the bulbs for the speedo and tac and none of the idiots lights. That isn't an actual picture of my instruments - it's off the Mustang Project website. Mine are not that bright but it is a big improvement. The seats are black and grey and I think the flash washed out the picture some.

The led kits leave lots to be desired.

i'll give some tips

don't change the bulbs for the turn signals indicators to leds, the leds are way too bright and the green light for the indicators becomes blinding at night.

don't change the bulb for the brake warning light, my led bulb and my brake malfunction switch in the prop block did not get along and the led would flicker and do all kinds of crazy things. a regular bulb worked fine no issues and was active during engine start up as normal.

Are those 6x9 speakers in the door? It was a trick getting them to fit.

Sweet!!

Forgive me, but which colors are the seat upholstery? Is it 'Black/Gray?' (the color looks a little washed out to me if it is)

I was thinking about getting the LED lights for the instruments as well - now I'm hooked... your gauges look awesome!
I put the LED's in my 71. What a difference.

The speakers are 4x6 and I bought them on Ebay but I cannot remember what brand but they were pretty cheap and the sound is okay but not much bass.

Sweet!!

I put the LED's in my 71. What a difference.

The LED light bulbs are awesome but make sure you know the proper installation of this kind of light bulb. I have installed one and it’s really great. I think most people who have cars use LED light bulbs.

can i ask you guys a question??... When you say LED LIGHT BULBS it means you just change the bulbs or you make changes to the circuit in some part too??... I thought the LED technology worked different than the incandescent one...

I have the same problem, my dash turns invisible at night and if i can solve it just changing the bulbs please tell me where i can get them!...

Thanks!

can i ask you guys a question??... When you say LED LIGHT BULBS it means you just change the bulbs or you make changes to the circuit in some part too??... I thought the LED technology worked different than the incandescent one...

I have the same problem, my dash turns invisible at night and if i can solve it just changing the bulbs please tell me where i can get them!...

Thanks!
You just change the bulbs.I also did the up grade.It is an improvement,just not as bright as the picture shows.+1 on the turn signal indicators!If the other bulbs were as bright as those things,you would be blinded at night!

1973_Ford-2.JPG

Thanks!
You just change the bulbs.I also did the up grade.It is an improvement,just not as bright as the picture shows.+1 on the turn signal indicators!If the other bulbs were as bright as those things,you would be blinded at night!
Oh... great!! i´ll try them then.. i just dont want to get "too modern" in looks of the instrument lightning... but it´s really uncomfortable not to see the instruments propperly at night... Do you have any idea who is the best deal supplier??... i´m really far away and i have to buy cheap in order to miss taxes here ;) Thanks!!

Thanks!
Oh... great!! i´ll try them then.. i just dont want to get "too modern" in looks of the instrument lightning... but it´s really uncomfortable not to see the instruments propperly at night... Do you have any idea who is the best deal supplier??... i´m really far away and i have to buy cheap in order to miss taxes here ;) Thanks!!
Look up "Mustang Project" on the web or Ebay.

I replaced, also control heating bulb letters and also brilliant. These bulbs are supposed to teach the three languages​​, but they can in handy anyway.

LED's are awesome! Can't say the same about TMI's customer service. Going with Destinctive Industries for my '73 project. Anyhow, screw TMI and back to LEDs. I've got them in the Hood/Trunk, Interior dome and doors, brake and reverse lights and dash. Did the dash in amber, red, green and blue and decided to go with the blue cause it looked like my dark ford blue engine colors :0) The soft blues are nice too. Oh and about the dash LEDs, I no longer have the dimmer option and it just goes from on to off. Doesn't bother me and never did look into why it does this or if there's a fix for it.

2lnh2t2.jpg

I went wtih TMI as they are the only ones with the sport seats. The sent the wrong foam (foxbody) the 1st time so I'd have to say they are not on top of their game always.

LED's are awesome! Can't say the same about TMI's customer service. Going with Destinctive Industries for my '73 project. Anyhow, screw TMI and back to LEDs. I've got them in the Hood/Trunk, Interior dome and doors, brake and reverse lights and dash. Did the dash in amber, red, green and blue and decided to go with the blue cause it looked like my dark ford blue engine colors :0) The soft blues are nice too. Oh and about the dash LEDs, I no longer have the dimmer option and it just goes from on to off. Doesn't bother me and never did look into why it does this or if there's a fix for it.

2lnh2t2.jpg

I do like the seats and the weird thing is you can tell you sit a little higher. I would not say they are as good as a modern seat but it's a huge improvement over the worn out stock ones. I guess they have been in the car two years now.

Now that you've had the new seat configuration for a while, how do you like them? How firm is the foam? Are they firm like modern Ford seats?

allford2009 tmi.JPG

Back