Glove Box Striker

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe 302 Auto RHD
I'm missing the glove box striker on my coupe and can't see a repro one for our years.

I saw this one on eBay for a 64-66 which one seller says fits 64 - 73 but others don't and saw similar on a members thread

However also this one below also on eBay an original which looks completely different

My question is can someone please clarify which is correct and can the older type be used?

Thanks Mick

Here is a picture of an original 73 Glove Box Striker. I believe it is the same for 71 and 72 years as well. That said, although not original looking, it looks like the one in the first picture might work. The second one looks like only the backing/mounting plate for the original striker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm missing the glove box striker on my coupe and can't see a repro one for our years.

I saw this one on eBay for a 64-66 which one seller says fits 64 - 73 but others don't and saw similar on a members thread

https://imgbb.com/[/URL]

However also this one below also on eBay an original which looks completely different

My question is can someone please clarify which is correct and can the older type be used?

glove_box_striker.jpg

Thanks Mick

Not sure, but I have something like that at the back of the glove box, mounted vertically. I keep my insurance and ownership cards in it. Nothing like it anywhere else on my 71. also, those strikers often get bent and need a bit of tweaking, just a heads up, I seem to be adjusting mine quite often.

Last edited by a moderator:
So why does the receiving plate have the two holes being beveled/recessed, when there is material between the screw head and the plate?

Thanks for all your replies

I had a look at my dash panel and yes that plate in my second picture is there behind the panel - don't know what the clip is for though?

I think I will just take the chance and order the one below which has in the description in brackets 64 - 73 Mustang

Perhaps if someone has used this repro 64-66 one before would help though

So why does the receiving plate have the two holes being beveled/recessed, when there is material between the screw head and the plate?
Midlife,

Good question. One that I ask often about so many things Ford did with these cars.

I have one out of the 73 my father and I just took apart if you want an original, PM me if interested.
Thank Omie01 - I might take you up on that as the earlier Mustang one looks like the screw spacing is smaller

Might just check if our early Falcon one will fit first but will PM if not

Does anyone have or know of where I might be able to get the glove box catch?
Broke mine today and it seems that the ebay post is gone and cougar parts is out of stock.

Contact Don at Ohio Mustang Supply or Mike at Motor City Mustang, both sponsors on this site. Chuck

Back