Glove Box Striker

I'm missing the glove box striker on my coupe and can't see a repro one for our years.

I saw this one on eBay for a 64-66 which one seller says fits 64 - 73 but others don't and saw similar on a members thread

glove_box_striker_early.jpg

However also this one below also on eBay an original which looks completely different

My question is can someone please clarify which is correct and can the older type be used?

glove_box_striker.jpg

Thanks Mick

P1030238.jpg

Here is a picture of an original 73 Glove Box Striker. I believe it is the same for 71 and 72 years as well. That said, although not original looking, it looks like the one in the first picture might work. The second one looks like only the backing/mounting plate for the original striker.

Glove_Box_Striker.jpg

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

I'm missing the glove box striker on my coupe and can't see a repro one for our years.

I saw this one on eBay for a 64-66 which one seller says fits 64 - 73 but others don't and saw similar on a members thread

[/url]

However also this one below also on eBay an original which looks completely different

My question is can someone please clarify which is correct and can the older type be used?

glove_box_striker.jpg

Thanks Mick

Not sure, but I have something like that at the back of the glove box, mounted vertically. I keep my insurance and ownership cards in it. Nothing like it anywhere else on my 71. also, those strikers often get bent and need a bit of tweaking, just a heads up, I seem to be adjusting mine quite often.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Yep. WCC lists it but there is no picture to confirm it is the right one and it does not mention if it comes with the clip on mounting bracket.

Glove_Box_Striker.jpg

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

Yep. WCC lists it but there is no picture to confirm it is the right one and it does not mention if it comes with the clip on mounting bracket.

Glove_Box_Striker.jpg

Oops, I lied, There is that clip, so it is there for the screws to go into rather than 2 separate ones.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Thanks for all your replies

I had a look at my dash panel and yes that plate in my second picture is there behind the panel - don't know what the clip is for though?

I think I will just take the chance and order the one below which has in the description in brackets 64 - 73 Mustang

Perhaps if someone has used this repro 64-66 one before would help though

glove_box_striker.jpg

P1030238.jpg

So why does the receiving plate have the two holes being beveled/recessed, when there is material between the screw head and the plate?

Midlife,

Good question. One that I ask often about so many things Ford did with these cars.

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

I have one out of the 73 my father and I just took apart if you want an original, PM me if interested.

Thank Omie01 - I might take you up on that as the earlier Mustang one looks like the screw spacing is smaller

Might just check if our early Falcon one will fit first but will PM if not

P1030238.jpg

• 1 month later...

Someone was looking for this a while back. There is a complete setup on eBay.....1971-1973 Mustang Glove Box Door Latch Catch with Striker Plate & Screws

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-1973-Mustang-Glove-Box-Door-Latch-Catch-with-Striker-Plate-Screws/142558429227?hash=item213125002b:g:mLcAAOSwk~ZZ94Jh&vxp=mtr

s_l1600_5.jpg

DSC_0266xsm.jpg