Lost keys, best solution

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 1
Well it seemed like I've lost both sets of keys to my Mustang. I guess that's what I get for not driving it for so long. I am looking for advice on the best route to take to either change the ignition or have a key made. Has anyone ever had experience with  this I sure hope so.  Thanks a head of time for any and all help/advice.

A locksmith can make a key without removing the ignition cylinder. Since the doors and ignition use the same key this is cost effective . . . if you are sure some ner do well hasn't actually swiped your keys with evil intent

The trunk lock could be handled in the same manner, but is a pretty easy swap out and a cheap enough part.

A locksmith can make a key without removing the ignition cylinder.  Since the doors and ignition use the same key this is cost effective . . . if you are sure some ner do well hasn't actually swiped your keys with evil intent

The trunk lock could be handled in the same manner, but is a pretty easy swap out and a cheap enough part.
Thank you!  Thats what i feared.  Im gonna tear the house up one more time then pay up. Im a idiot

I think that's one boat most of us have been in (more than once for me), The Ship of Fools (or in the case Ship of Idiots).
The only thing I ever lost was my mind...I'd surely like it returned, though.  I believe it may be in my wife's purse, but am not sure...

Back